Customer Service 866.965.0400

vette sawblades

94coupe

Question

I have used Adams products for 3 years now and have been more than satisfied. Detail spray and V.R.T. are must haves. Used the undercarriage spray on wheel wells and wasn't impressed. The grape flavor went well with a little vodka however.

What's the best product to clean and shine vette aluminum sawblades??

Tanx

Neil

13 answers to this question

sawblades ?

21cso2

the wheels are called saw blades because they kinda look like it.

if they are polished aluminum use the metal polish 1 and for even more shine use the metal polish 2. for a quick and easy shine use the brilliant spray glaze. if they are painted use some revive polish and buttery wax then follow up with the BSG

one question though, why werent you satisfied with the undercarriage spray? when i used it i sprayed it on real good and took a paper towel to spread it around and make it even. the wheel wells looked AMAZING! you might want to give that a try.:patriot:

Edited by C6Bill

I have used Adams products for 3 years now and have been more than satisfied. Detail spray and V.R.T. are must haves. Used the undercarriage spray on wheel wells and wasn't impressed. The grape flavor went well with a little vodka however.

What's the best product to clean and shine vette aluminum sawblades??

Tanx

Neil

Those wheels should have been factory clear coated, in which case you treat them as painted surfaces, not as polished aluminum. Over the years the clear coat may have been polished and worn off though.

Bruce

I agree, spraying it on and wiping it w/ a shop towel to even it out always works best for me. Especially on a C4, because when at a show and the hood is up ....the wheel wells are fully exposed, top and bottom.

Yeah TN90-ZR1 true but those C4s wheel wells are alot easier to get to and clean.:rockon:

To clean the wheel wells on my Vette, I use a toilet bowl wand with a terry cover. Spray the cover with the Undercarriage Spray, and the long handle lets me get right into the wheel wells and keep them all evenly applied. Works great.

Those wheels should have been factory clear coated, in which case you treat them as painted surfaces, not as polished aluminum. Over the years the clear coat may have been polished and worn off though.

Bruce

:iagree:

The best I remember, (I'm out on the road now) my wife's 95 'sawblades' are clearcoatd and I don't think you would want to put a 'metal' polish on them. Once the clear coat starts to discolor, fade, peel I don't know what to do with them.

I experienced the same thing with the undercarriage spray in the front wheel wells. They are very open on a c-4 with the hood up. I did not like the way the undercarriage spray looked. I have since started using VRT in that place.

Later,