Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive Polish

Mick

Question

14 answers to this question

i also have some that is for the pc it is a light cream color. The video even said you could mix it with swirl and haze. It was a while ago, at least 2 years ago. the blue stuff I have but that is for hand, not machine. Just wandering.

There is a thread about this:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10763&highlight=revive

I don't know if there ever was a Revive "made" for the PC, but keep in mind that according to the label, the current Blue Revive is a "non abrasive paint cleaner". Fine Machine Polish, although very mild, does contain some abrasive particles for light polishing capabilities. So,

1. It's perfectly fine to use Revive with your PC...it's just not going to do any correction. White pad would be fine, but even Black should be OK.

2. It's also accurate to say that when using SHR followed by FMP, there is really no need for Revive, but it won't do any harm. Probably just waste a little of your time and dirty up another couple of towels.

I think I recommended in the other post to try it and see if you notice a difference. It may depend on your particular color of car. No matter what you do, Revive would be the last step just before a sealer (MSW) or a wax (Buttery/Americana), and since many folks have never heard of a paint cleanser, I always tell them to think of a paint cleanser as a "wax prep" product - AFTER polish, but BEFORE wax.

- Darryl

Adam has said in the past that FMP was created mixing Revive with SHR. It's been reformulated since then, but I believe initially it was that way.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Perhaps I should clarify a bit...I didn't actually mean a waste of your time by doing Revive in addition to SHR and FMP as in it's unnecessary or won't help. Read the whole post and then check out my post #14 in the linked thread about Revive and the PC.

My recommendation is to try it and based on your color car and determine if you can see a difference.

If everyone is going to take me literally for every word I type, then of course you should use Revive EVERY TIME as a final step before you wax. That's it's intended purpose and there should always be a paint cleansing step in your "lineup".

Sorry for any confusion. I'm a big fan of Revive too!

- Darryl

I need to clarify too, I completely skipped over the "PC application" part of this.

I always use Revive by hand, after my final polish and prior to waxing. I think, and this is just my opinion, it gives me an extremely clean surface for applying wax :thumbsup:

Archived