Customer Service 866.965.0400

Google boycott

Bill-V8V

I have deleted my Google account, my YouTube account, I deleted their browser and deleted Google Earth. If I find anything else with their name on it I'll delete that too.

Dog Wars

<hr style="color: transparent; background-color: transparent;" size="1"> Android, owned by Google, has released in the Android Market a new downloadable game application for phones called Dog Wars (developed by Kage Games LLC). Dog Wars is a dog fighting game. Players feed, water, train and FIGHT the virtual dog for virtual money. It is clear that the people at Google/Android /Kage Games think dog fighting is a joke and that perpetuating the myth that pit bulls are inherently aggressive has no repercussions.

Contact the Android market team here: http://tinyurl.com/3tqtrtr

and email here: press@google.com to demand this disgusting application be banned from the Android Market.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A dog fighting app? That's absurd.

I thought you deleted you google account because the Feds found those illegal pictures on your page. :willy:

They only found the ones you sent me :loser:

Seriously, it is an app where you feed, train and fight your dog's with your friends. It makes me sick :mad:

Wow, that's just beyond stupid.

However, I think in this case, shouldn't we be more mad at the makers of the APP instead of Google? Yeah I know I know Google shouldn't have published it, but just because one not-so-bright person at Google gave the app a go ahead, I don't think we should hold ALL of Google accountable. Please don't take me as a "I'm only saying this because I love Google" kinda guy, I do like Google but I would be saying this about Apple as well, whom I don't like (even though I have the iPhone - I'm a hyprocite I know!) :P Even Apple has some questionable apps which I don't understand how they get accepted either let alone who even thinks of making them.

Of course the right thing to do would be for Google to remove the app from the Android market and maybe issue an apology, but I would much rather like an apology from the app maker him/herself.

I love google but cannot belive they are behind that, That's a career ender app there. And after the research im about to do if they are supporting that crap as a dog lover I guess bing all the way for me. Love my bassett's but mistreat them and ill mistreat you

Seriously? How does a game like this actually get published?

Open market... Just about anything can be posted up for sale... Apple looks over every app whereas Google allows just about anything up for sale.

Google IMO is getting TOO big. I'm watching them VERY closely.

Remember, they're the ones that take pictures of your home and neighborhood and post them for all to see. Oh and when doing so, they were pulling your personal info via your open wifi off your computer. Oops... How did that happen? :willy:

That being said, I don't wear tin foil over my head and am not worried about "THE MAN" like a lot of people are. I just watch from the side lines.

Chris

Unfortunately the only way to get through to them is by going to the people who are selling this app. These are just kids building the app, the adults at Google/Android Apps should know better. For anyone not familiar with what dog fighting actually is spend a few minutes researching it, you will be shocked at what you find. Look up the term "bait dog".

Wow, that's just beyond stupid.

However, I think in this case, shouldn't we be more mad at the makers of the APP instead of Google? Yeah I know I know Google shouldn't have published it, but just because one not-so-bright person at Google gave the app a go ahead, I don't think we should hold ALL of Google accountable. Please don't take me as a "I'm only saying this because I love Google" kinda guy, I do like Google but I would be saying this about Apple as well, whom I don't like (even though I have the iPhone - I'm a hyprocite I know!) :P Even Apple has some questionable apps which I don't understand how they get accepted either let alone who even thinks of making them.

Of course the right thing to do would be for Google to remove the app from the Android market and maybe issue an apology, but I would much rather like an apology from the app maker him/herself.

Ah yes.... Android. This is what happens when you have an App Store with no screening on it and anyone can put anything they want on it.

Just another reason why Apple is better than Google.

Seriously? How does a game like this actually get published?

Because Android is considered Open Source. Anyone can make anything and put it on there. There are Apps in their App Store that will give your phone a virus (happened to a friend last week), Apps that steal your bank info and now Apps that let you be Micheal Vick.

I'm not sure why you're so mad at Google? This isn't a Google sponsored/designed app, it's on their market yes. But it's not like Google is out saying dogfighting is a good thing. I'm an animal lover too but the Android market is pretty much open I've heard.

its in beta so its free for now, im sure enough backlash and it will be gone. I'm fully involved in Google with my phone and email so not a lot I can do except no buy ANYTHING until its pulled. But BING is garbage and I dont do Yahoo so im stuck.

Archived