Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaned the interior today, a few ?'s

txredgt

Question

So I finally got around to doing the interior as its been neglected the past few washes. The stuff I used on it was:

Adams leather and interior cleaner

Adams leather and interior conditioner

1 Red interior dressing applicator

My question(s) is what other products work well on the inside? I have seen vrt is good if you like the shine finish on stuff but any others? Also, should I dilute any of the stuff? I think since its been a while it needed the full strengh of it and my leather seems to be dried out from being treated with over the counter products.

I do know that I need to pick up glass cleaner and towels, but at the moment I have bigger things on my plate. Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on alot of other products in the line!

10 answers to this question

So I finally got around to doing the interior as its been neglected the past few washes. The stuff I used on it was:

Adams leather and interior cleaner

Adams leather and interior conditioner

1 Red interior dressing applicator

My question(s) is what other products work well on the inside? I have seen vrt is good if you like the shine finish on stuff but any others? Also, should I dilute any of the stuff? I think since its been a while it needed the full strengh of it and my leather seems to be dried out from being treated with over the counter products.

I do know that I need to pick up glass cleaner and towels, but at the moment I have bigger things on my plate. Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on alot of other products in the line!

If your leather seems dried out, I would re treat with Leather Conditioner!:thumbsup:

I use SVRT on my dash and other plastic on the interior. I normally dont dilute it, but if you dont want a crazy shine, apply the SVRT and wipe off with a MF Towel.

As for the interior thats about it. You could use in and out spray on your air vents.

I agree with everyone so far. In & Out spray is great for the vents.

Do you have a horsehair brush yet? Those work great when cleaning leather seats and steering wheels.

The carpet & upholstery cleaner is unreal. I have yet to see a stain that this stuff can't handle.

Hey Austin,

If your seats feel dry avoid using the cleaner at full strength. Cut it back about 1:1 with water and use it that way. No sense in getting really aggressive with seats that might already have an issue.

As far as conditioning go with a VERY VERY VERY heavy application of conditioner using your bare hands. Literally put a generous amount of the conditioner on a section then use your bare hands to rub the product into the leather. Don't worry about the appearance or the coverage at this point, just be sure to work the product into the creases, the seams, the wrinkles, everywhere.

Once you've completely worked the product in as best you can take a dry microfiber towel, preferably something like our edgeless utility towel, and wipe away the excess. If any uneven spots remain apply a small amount to the red foam applicator and apply a thin coating to even it out.

Sometimes if you're leather has been treated with tons of harsh cleaners and low quality dressings it can start to feel stiff and dry.... this method will help to bring it back to life. Only thing to avoid with this approach is perforated leather.

Hey Austin,

If your seats feel dry avoid using the cleaner at full strength. Cut it back about 1:1 with water and use it that way. No sense in getting really aggressive with seats that might already have an issue.

As far as conditioning go with a VERY VERY VERY heavy application of conditioner using your bare hands. Literally put a generous amount of the conditioner on a section then use your bare hands to rub the product into the leather. Don't worry about the appearance or the coverage at this point, just be sure to work the product into the creases, the seams, the wrinkles, everywhere.

Once you've completely worked the product in as best you can take a dry microfiber towel, preferably something like our edgeless utility towel, and wipe away the excess. If any uneven spots remain apply a small amount to the red foam applicator and apply a thin coating to even it out.

Sometimes if you're leather has been treated with tons of harsh cleaners and low quality dressings it can start to feel stiff and dry.... this method will help to bring it back to life. Only thing to avoid with this approach is perforated leather.

Thanks that helps alot! I know sometimes too much product can be detrimental vs helping so that's why I come here and ask! I hear you might be near me soon from the rep, I will try to bring my turd out and see what products will help ;)

OMG!!! I used the leather and interior cleaner on a plastic molded guitar case of mine and could not believe the results! Also cleaned a 10 year old leather couch with it and then applied the conditioner. It looks like the day I bought it. I barely used much of the product, so it is going to last a long time.

OMG!!! I used the leather and interior cleaner on a plastic molded guitar case of mine and could not believe the results! Also cleaned a 10 year old leather couch with it and then applied the conditioner. It looks like the day I bought it. I barely used much of the product, so it is going to last a long time.

:willy:I have a new couch at the parents house I can't wait to get the Leather Conditioner onto...my living room is gonna smell great! As is, my kitchen and mudroom already smell like DS and BG!

AHAHAHA

Archived