Customer Service 866.965.0400

How NOT to store your pads...

Derajaman

Question

So I purchased my PC kit several months ago and during a warm streak this winter I had tried some of the pads out on the hood of the SUV. Did pretty well for a quick job and knew more work would come later.

Anyway, I cleaned all the pads with APC and rinsed, let them air dry out for about a day then places each of them into a separate plastic baggy, closed them and put them in the box they shipped in.

I just pulled some of the stuff back out the other day since we're finally heading into summer, looked at the pads and what do I find? All were ok except for the white pad which now had a few spots of orange, pink, and black spores! I was starting a science experiment. So of course I freak out and immediately take them inside and soak them with APC and let them sit for a bit. Rinsed, dried for at least two days and them put them back in the washed baggies but did not seal them. Lesson learned!

10 answers to this question

Yeah let them air dry face down. You should buy a plastic drawer dedicated to detail stuff only...store them with the drawers cracked (or drill some holes to allow airflow). I bought a wire rack just for pads to air dry.

1: welcome

2: follow above advice, always make sure pads are dry..

3: what kind of SUV do you have? Pics are a must!

4: my sister is in Aurora right now, she goes to school in Denver..

It's a Trailblazer LS (not SS), I also have a Subaru Legacy. Both are daily drivers and I'm hoping to get them back to beautiful this summer, could be a long road as I said they are DD, in Colorado, and they are both black. I'll get pics up later after they are attended to :)

And thanks for the welcome!

lol, yes if you dont ring out that white pad good it will stay wet for days. its a very dense pad. i personally throw all my pads in the dryer and set it to air dry and there good to go in about 1:20mins sometimes they need the extra 30min cycle. I like doing this so i packed up by the end of the day good to go for when i need them. Ultimately, 2 or 3 sets of pads is ideal. I just dont like opning up my new pads until i have to.

Archived