Customer Service 866.965.0400

BSG applied by DA polisher

Captain Slow

Question

On April 20 (I believe) the daily special was for Adam's Brilliant Glaze and a free machine waxing pad. I asked in the Daily Special posting if the old Brilliant Spray Glaze could be applied on a grey pad. Dylan didn't say no and alluded to giving it a try, so I did. It works great! I still used the MF pad that came with BSG to get in corners and under door handles, but I'm extremely happy with the time saving results. I set my DA on speed 2 and went to town. I "primed" the pad with three real good sprays, then only needed one or two good sprays per panel. I went side to side, top to bottom and then on a diagonal to make sure I had perfect coverage.

Here's my (rebadged for this pic) DA polisher w/grey pad and Adam's BSG reclining on a couple of WW MF towels. The old white MF towel is actually my dew rag from today! I just needed it to prop up the BSG.

BSGonG8GTspring2011003Largee-mailview.jpg

Here's the trunk lid and rear window showing coverage immediately after application and before hazing over. The dark circle immediately above the big A in Adam's is where the pad stopped before I lifted it off the glass. On the back of the front seats are kick mats since our soon to be three year old twins have yet to grasp the meaning of "Get your feet off the seats."

Note to self: Adam's sticker looks a tad crooked, DOH!

BSGonG8GTspring2011006Largee-mailview.jpg

Here she is in the brilliant sunshine.

BSGonG8GTspring2011008Largee-mailview.jpg

The hood looks yummy! Well except for the rock chips. My next mod: Langka Paint Chip Repair, it is the only thing on my birthday wish list.

BSGonG8GTspring2011011Largee-mailview.jpg

^Where'd that @#$%^& dandelion come from? GRRRRRR!!!! ^

Finally, photographic confirmation I need to take a class on photography or change my screen name to Captain Off-Center. I was giving a thumbs up with my left hand. :loser:

BSGonG8GTspring2011013Largee-mailview.jpg

thumb-51-4536-adams_polishes_brilliant_spray_glaze_16oz.jpg + 336.jpg + :pc: = :drool: :drool: :drool:

:2thumbs::cheers:

7 answers to this question

nice job

I do like the rebadged DA polisher! I apply both BG and Americana with a DA.... goes on fast, and for me I get a thinner and more consistent application than by hand.

Looks good.

how do you do the Americana? 4" pads?

MAYBEN- Adam's tub is large enough to use a 5.5" pad. I take the pad off the DA and swipe it into the container a few times, covering the pad at various angles. I also may use my fingers or the back of a spoon to apply it and/or spread it on the pad.

It takes alittle more time to get it on the DA pad (vs. using a hand pad), but after that it is very fast to apply and personally, I do a better job with thin, even coverage with the DA.

MAYBEN- Adam's tub is large enough to use a 5.5" pad. I take the pad off the DA and swipe it into the container a few times, covering the pad at various angles. I also may use my fingers or the back of a spoon to apply it and/or spread it on the pad.

It takes alittle more time to get it on the DA pad (vs. using a hand pad), but after that it is very fast to apply and personally, I do a better job with thin, even coverage with the DA.

The alternative is to actually apply a liberal amount to a panel by hand then immediately go at it with a gray pad to spread that over the area. As long as you're not contending with high heat it won't dry so fast that you can't get to it with the DA.

but personally I find it to be way too much work for very little (if any) benefit.

The good thing is whatever works best for you is always the best answer. :cheers:

The hand applicator is what is recommended and of course is fine.

I just find that the DA gives me a thinner, more even coat and I can move the DA pad over the car more quickly than I can go by hand. That is the benefit. But, we all agree, whatever works for you is best.

I began using a DA with Supernatural (which is finicky and can rehaze/sweat) and it helped keep the application super thin, and I got hooked on using the DA. BTW, after trying many paste waxes ($50-$150), Americana is as good or better than any I've used.

Archived