Customer Service 866.965.0400

Father/Son project.

NeonSRT-4

My son and I want to start a project together and I wanted to see what everyones opinion is on what kind of car we should build. We both have mechanical abilities (he is going to tech school for automotive). I would have to say that autobody is our weak point but we are willing to learn.

We are a Mopar family but we are willing to build just about anything because in the end if we don't like it, we can always sell it. :D

Anyways, give me some ideas. Would like to start this project sooner than later.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good man! I started bugging my dad when I was about 12 to start a project so I had a decent ride by the time I was 16 but sadly, he wanted no part of that. Apparently bonding with his kid and all that wasnt as important as other things.

As far as what to take on as a project, who knows! There's so many great options out there. Figure out what your starting budget is, and just start looking for something with minimal body damage LOL

Good luck, and HAVE FUN!

Apparently bonding with his kid and all that wasnt as important as other things.

I know that one man :(

I'm just gonna suggest a 32 Ford hotrod because that is what I would do. I 63 Coronet would also be cool.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I see this same dude every day on my drive to/from work - has a earlier model neon. White with blue racing stripes. Cracks me up cos the banner across the windshield says "Half-a-Hemi" some grey haired dude. Anyway. My almost-15 year old daughter wants a newer style beatle, not really a project car. I was thinking a C4 Corvette - late 80s. Then again, I'm poor. I'll just giver her a bike.

Guest Gone & Forgotten
A corvette wouldn't be a bad choice....but it would have to be a C3...we both like that body style for some reason.

Agreed. I prefer the C3 myself. My 5' tall daughter couldn't handle.the long hood.:cheers:

Archived