Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing Tip To Prevent Scratches!

Chris@Adams

Question

:hi:I would like to share a washing tip that I have been doing for a few months.After hosing and blasting all of the dirt off with my Adam's Fire Hose Nozzle. I spray the whole car down with WCW, it will help out making the paint more slippery and lifting the dirt from the paint.Then I continue with the 2 bucket wash making sure that I have plenty Adam's Car Wash Shampoo on my wash mitt, this too makes less friction on the paint. Then rinsing with the Fire Hose Nozzle on first, then removing it with my Adam's Quick Disconnect I do a final flood rise. Last but not least I spray the whole car down with DS and dry with my Adam's Great White Drying Towel.

And if I am going to polish or wax after I get out my Master Blaster to remove all water from cracks and moldings. I hope this help you to maintain a swirl, scratch free finish!:thumbsup:

10 answers to this question

I guess this would be helpful if you aren't using a foam gun, otherwise I'd believe that the foam gun would accomplish the same thing. What I do, is BEFORE I do my initial rinse of the car, I blast down the really dirty areas with Waterless Car Wash. With a white car it's really easy to see the brake dust just start rolling off the quarter panels after I do this, so I know it's doing something (I'll have to remember to take pictures next time). Then with the grime loosened by the WCW, I do my initial rinse and knock most of the dirt off. This way, most of the loosened dirt is off the car before even taking a mitt to it. Then I proceed to foam down the car and continue with a 2 bucket wash. With a good coat of wax underneath, I swear that the car looked clean again after just rinsing. I know it wasn't perfectly clean at this point, but washing a cleanish car is much less likely to introduce swirls or scratches.

I guess this would be helpful if you aren't using a foam gun, otherwise I'd believe that the foam gun would accomplish the same thing. What I do, is BEFORE I do my initial rinse of the car, I blast down the really dirty areas with Waterless Car Wash. With a white car it's really easy to see the brake dust just start rolling off the quarter panels after I do this, so I know it's doing something (I'll have to remember to take pictures next time). Then with the grime loosened by the WCW, I do my initial rinse and knock most of the dirt off. This way, most of the loosened dirt is off the car before even taking a mitt to it. Then I proceed to foam down the car and continue with a 2 bucket wash. With a good coat of wax underneath, I swear that the car looked clean again after just rinsing. I know it wasn't perfectly clean at this point, but washing a cleanish car is much less likely to introduce swirls or scratches.

This sounds like a good program. Frankly, I do not fully understand using the "WW by itself" logic, unless the car has minor dust. I understand it provides lubrication, but dirt is dirt and it's "gonna leave a mark" when you try wiping it off. I bought a gallon of the WW and have not trusted it enough to use it as intended, but as a "pre-wash" it just might be the ticket. Apply WW, power rinse and then foam and bucket wash. Sounds like a plan to me!:drool:

:hi:I would like to share a washing tip that I have been doing for a few months.After hosing and blasting all of the dirt off with my Adam's Fire Hose Nozzle. I spray the whole car down with WCW, it will help out making the paint more slippery and lifting the dirt from the paint.Then I continue with the 2 bucket wash making sure that I have plenty Adam's Car Wash Shampoo on my wash mitt, this too makes less friction on the paint. Then rinsing with the Fire Hose Nozzle on first, then removing it with my Adam's Quick Disconnect I do a final flood rise. Last but not least I spray the whole car down with DS and dry with my Adam's Great White Drying Towel.

And if I am going to polish or wax after I get out my Master Blaster to remove all water from cracks and moldings. I hope this help you to maintain a swirl, scratch free finish!:thumbsup:

Right on Chris. One additional step I take is rinsing my Adam's wash pad before placing it in the bucket. I hit it with the nozzle and wring it out. I inspect it for ANYTHING that may be stuck in the fibers. I place in the bucket rubbing it over the grit guard on both sides. When I done washing the water is still clean.

Right on Chris. One additional step I take is rinsing my Adam's wash pad before placing it in the bucket. I hit it with the nozzle and wring it out. I inspect it for ANYTHING that may be stuck in the fibers. I place in the bucket rubbing it over the grit guard on both sides. When I done washing the water is still clean.

Absolutely Richard, can't forget that important step!:thumbsup:

Archived