Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Guns Gilmour vs. GPC

Carolinaboy

Question

So I used a foam gun for the first time after detailing Frid's truck with him. I was impressed with what it could do and how much easier it made cleaning the truck.

Now my question is, is the GPC one really worth almost double the money? I mean it did do a great job I'm not denying that what so ever. But does it do that much better than the gilmour style foam guns? I know AJ uses the gilmour one in some of his videos. I know Dylan and a few others on here have showed their GPC one in write-ups. I was just curious.

I know Grabiak is also a Dealer so that is a plus too, I was just curious.

Gilmour

GPC

I have both the older Gilmour II and the Adam's (Hydro) foam guns. Both work great and there are plusses and minuses to both. I'm pretty sure my Gilmour was Made In America, but I know the new ones aren't.

Gilmour II

Pros

Low Amazon Price (thank you China)

Adjustable metering rates

Cons

China quality

Not as much foaming capability

No guarantee

Adam's (Hydro)

Pros

High Quality construction

Huge volume of foam

Adam's Guarantee (I'll honor 110% Satisfaction on any guns purchased through me)

Cons

Higher in price (but discounted price if purchased in a kit)

Metering adjustment requires removing lid (I never adjust mine!)

I run my Hydro with no metering tip and never adjust it. Having the adjustment on top of the Gilmour is convenient if you like playing with it, but I never adjust mine.

If you're buying a Gilmour, make sure to get the Gilmour II. It should have a plastic adjustment instead of a brass one. $36 for a Gilmour I is not a deal!

I have a ton of Hydro's in stock and have both the Made In America Hydros and they sent me some Korea Hydro's as well. I will mark down the Korea Hydros if anyone is interested.

I havent changed the tip on my hydro. I blow through one canister in nooooooo time. I have the little guys but not yet a chance to mess with them. Gonna try Blue and Tan this week. Its a fine fine gun.

In a 32oz canister I wouldn't recommend any less than 4oz of soap if you want decent amounts of foam of course more soap = more foam so you can go crazy and do upwards of 10+oz if you want in a 32oz mixture but at a certain point it actually is spraying un-foamed soap... you'll notice your foam will have a pink tinge to it... thats all the excess soap being pulled thru the feeder and not being foamed.

I have both the older Gilmour II and the Adam's (Hydro) foam guns. Both work great and there are plusses and minuses to both. I'm pretty sure my Gilmour was Made In America, but I know the new ones aren't.

Gilmour II

Pros

Low Amazon Price (thank you China)

Adjustable metering rates

Cons

China quality

Not as much foaming capability

No guarantee

Adam's (Hydro)

Pros

High Quality construction

Huge volume of foam

Adam's Guarantee (I'll honor 110% Satisfaction on any guns purchased through me)

Cons

Higher in price (but discounted price if purchased in a kit)

Metering adjustment requires removing lid (I never adjust mine!)

I run my Hydro with no metering tip and never adjust it. Having the adjustment on top of the Gilmour is convenient if you like playing with it, but I never adjust mine.

If you're buying a Gilmour, make sure to get the Gilmour II. It should have a plastic adjustment instead of a brass one. $36 for a Gilmour I is not a deal!

I have a ton of Hydro's in stock and have both the Made In America Hydros and they sent me some Korea Hydro's as well. I will mark down the Korea Hydros if anyone is interested.

I have the hydro... And have played with most the tips. By far no tip creates the most foam. I love it. Fill with water and add 2oz of soap. Swirl and spray foam for one car. I thought it would kill my shampoo supply. Not so... :2thumbs:

I would add one thing to Eric's list... the distance the gun throws the foam.

On identical hose pressures the hydro has MUCH better... I'd say it shoots roughly 2-3x the distance of the Gilmour. Not a major issue, but having both and tested them against eachother I always feel like I'm standing on top of the car when I'm using the Gilmour.

On identical hose pressures the hydro has MUCH better... I'd say it shoots roughly 2-3x the distance of the Gilmour. Not a major issue, but having both and tested them against eachother I always feel like I'm standing on top of the car when I'm using the Gilmour.

I've never done a comparrison, but I can attest to the power of the hydro. You can stand waaaay back and soak the car. :rockon:

That's the main issue with the Gilmour for me. I noticed it is much harder for the foam to reach the roof compared to when I used FRID's Hydro

OK, I was just curious... they stamp made in the USA on the cover on all the recent ones, if you pull the cover off the sprayer has "made in china" stamped on it.

Right you are!

The plastic handle is "Made in USA"...

5735222157_aa8ffb8450_z.jpg

...and the nozzle is "Made in China"

5735221979_9555922c2c_z.jpg

That's just wrong.

Archived