Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Guns Gilmour vs. GPC

Carolinaboy

Question

So I used a foam gun for the first time after detailing Frid's truck with him. I was impressed with what it could do and how much easier it made cleaning the truck.

Now my question is, is the GPC one really worth almost double the money? I mean it did do a great job I'm not denying that what so ever. But does it do that much better than the gilmour style foam guns? I know AJ uses the gilmour one in some of his videos. I know Dylan and a few others on here have showed their GPC one in write-ups. I was just curious.

I know Grabiak is also a Dealer so that is a plus too, I was just curious.

Gilmour

GPC

I have a GPC hydrofoamer and a gilmour non adjustable. GPC to me is hands down 10x better. This foam gun shoots alot more foam. I don't use any of the tips and that is Max foam. Only thing is you'll go through soap much faster.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I really don't see a huge difference in the videos. I do notice on thing though in most of the Gilmour videos they look like there isn't much foam but then some do. I think that is mainly because of it being adjustable. Not everyone has the same setting I'm sure.

The GPC one isn't adjustable though. I saw Junkman's video and it looks great in those shots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFIILkkdqaA

Bueller.... Bueller...

Ask Dylan, I know that he has used both, and I believe he said the Hydro (GPC) did foam better.. don't quote me exactly, but maybe he will chime in..

I have the one GPC sells. It is adjustable by using different tips inside the suction tube inside where the soap mixture goes. From what I hear the gilmour has brass fittings where the GPC (hydrofoamer) doesn't. The one I have feels solid and has a quick disconnect to take the spray nozzle off the container to rinse the car or whatever you need to do. I have only used mine once and haven't used a gilmour to compare but I hope that helps. From what I gather it's the same one that Dylan uses.

Well the thing is it is all about how much soap you want to use. You can fill the Gilmore up with almost pure shampoo and it will foam like crazy. It will also deplete your soap like crazy. The GPC one is the same way. The more foam you want, the more shampoo you use.

Well the thing is it is all about how much soap you want to use. You can fill the Gilmore up with almost pure shampoo and it will foam like crazy. It will also deplete your soap like crazy. The GPC one is the same way. The more foam you want, the more shampoo you use.

Junkman says to fill the gun 3/4 with water and then add 2 oz of shampoo. Swirl it around to mix. This will minimize your soap usage even without a metering tip (max foam).

I own the gilmour one (adjustable w/ brass fittings) and have seen the GPC in action via youtube. IMHO the two are pretty similar.

If you want to pay the extra $ and have the required equip in place, get the foam cannon if you want to foam at a whole new level. Given the price and my desire to use a separate attachment on my garden hose, I'm very happy with my purchase. :thumbsup:

I own the gilmour one (adjustable w/ brass fittings) and have seen the GPC in action via youtube. IMHO the two are pretty similar.

If you want to pay the extra $ and have the required equip in place, get the foam cannon if you want to foam at a whole new level. Given the price and my desire to use a separate attachment on my garden hose, I'm very happy with my purchase. :thumbsup:

I've used both. I think the Gilmour is a nice product, and the old Adam's Hydrofoamer is the bee's knees. Like going from a LS2 to say...and LS7.:cheers: at least if you ask me!

I recently bought the Gilmour Foam Master II (Model No. 95QGFMR) and it works well. The Foam Master II is adjustable and on the "E" (highest ratio) setting it puts out goobs of foam.

Granted, it's no foam cannon but it does do a pretty good job. I like that I don't have to get my pressure washer out every time I wash the truck.

Guest Jay.B

Eric told me he just got some more in last week and I know Ray at Grabiak had some a couple of weeks ago.

Archived