Customer Service 866.965.0400

To paint prep or not

musclejunkie

Question

I am close to pulling out my PC, FMP, Revive, BG and Americana, waiting for two consecutive days being rain free and over 50 freakin degrees! You guys in the south that had to endure those horrible tornados can blame Michigan. We sent you the cold air mass responsible for birthing tornados. We've literally froze our _sses off all winter and now spring, with relentless rain and cold temps. My Adam's products have been patiently waiting for it seems like an eternity! Sorry for the extraneous BS, I'll get to the point.

I've noticed my car "finally" has given up the ghost on the wax applied last fall. Not a single bead left. My question is, do I really need an IPA or Dawn wash before I clay, as I do not see much if any wax left on the car? I can't wait to try these products out.:D

8 answers to this question

I think the dawn does a great job of getting rid of all the crap from winter better than just the car shampoo. All the road grim and possible tar seems to me comes off easier with Dawn.

Dawn DOES do a good job of removing any left over waxes and oils, but if you're going to clay, you're probably OK with going ahead.

I didn't dawn mine this year because I used coin-ops all winter and I know those stripped every last morsel of wax off the car.

Chris

If you want to have some fun, throw 6 ounces of Dawn in your foam gun. You'll have a hard time finding your car under the foam :lolsmack:

gotta clean it pretty well afterwards to get the residue out tho I assume...

gotta clean it pretty well afterwards to get the residue out tho I assume...

You'll be rinsing for an hour, and your driveway will look like an airstrip getting ready for a crash landing :lol:

Archived