Customer Service 866.965.0400

Plastidip FTW!!!! (blackout)

3PedalMINI

This stuff is pretty cool. I plastidiped my gas cap (used the spray) today. Gets me one step closer to the black out. The belt line kit is en-route (chrome strip between windows and body)...The beltline kit will match the matty finish of the plastidip perfectly. Im going to pop my side scuttles off and im going to spray them...then final blackout will happen when I replace the door handles eventually:D

Washington-20110503-00046.jpg

IMG-20110503-00045.jpg

Washington-20110503-00047.jpg

A lot of Frontier guys use it too. I will be trying on my chrome front bumper soon.

Has anyone tried painting over it with body color paint? I painted my grill recently, but used OTC gloss black and is not an exact match. I was thinking of shooting over the Plastidip with some of the correct shade of black.

Thanks all! i cant wait to de-chrome the Mini, it annoys me to no end the beltline is chrome.

are you keeping the green?

yup, one of the only reasons i got a clubman, to piull off the color combination:D

It will look great when it's in the shop :jester:

:jester:unlike yours mine will only be in the shop for routine maintenance:jester::banana:

Looks great! Lets get some pics of that new work truck!! haha

im getting to it, im just waiting to get it lettered then ima post pics of it all cleaned up:cheers:

That's a truck ?? I thought it was a giant toaster :lol::lol::lol:

Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha.....well now that you mention it:lol:

3PedalMINI's black with green is one of my fave's, but he knows that!

I blacked out my MINI using plastidip and have been very pleased with the results. I used VRT on the blacked out parts last week and am very happy with the results.

Oh, and check out Aesthetic Creations for snap on black door handles. I put them on mine about 3 weeks ago and love them. Very sturdy and WAY easier than what I've read about removing the existing handles to change or blackout. The cost was about $70, and totally removable. You can kind of see them in this pic from one of the clean up stations at MoTD.

EPSN2121.jpg

Annette

Looks good!:thumbsup:

I did the plast-dip spray to my motorcycle a couple of years ago. It had a couple of chrome caps over the swing arm pivot bolts that had to go! lol Worked great.

Chris

3PedalMINI's black with green is one of my fave's, but he knows that!

I blacked out my MINI using plastidip and have been very pleased with the results. I used VRT on the blacked out parts last week and am very happy with the results.

Oh, and check out Aesthetic Creations for snap on black door handles. I put them on mine about 3 weeks ago and love them. Very sturdy and WAY easier than what I've read about removing the existing handles to change or blackout. The cost was about $70, and totally removable. You can kind of see them in this pic from one of the clean up stations at MoTD.

Annette

Annette,

I love "Mozzart" that color/combo is gorgeous. Can you send me a link to the door handles? i cant seem to find it:confused: Also, did you order your mini with comfort access? Do the door handles still work with it?

TIA!

Thanks!

I do have the comfort access, you get separate little piece to stick on over the existing button. Works fine for me. I'd post a pic of mine, but I think the pic in the link is probably better than what I would get with my phone ;).

flatblackdoorhandleTN.jpg

http://www.aestheticreations.net/moldedparts.htm

There is few weeks lead time on these as he has them made in batches. I believe I got mine in 3-4 weeks like stated on the site.

Annette

Thanks!

I do have the comfort access, you get separate little piece to stick on over the existing button. Works fine for me. I'd post a pic of mine, but I think the pic in the link is probably better than what I would get with my phone ;).

flatblackdoorhandleTN.jpg

http://www.aestheticreations.net/moldedparts.htm

There is few weeks lead time on these as he has them made in batches. I believe I got mine in 3-4 weeks like stated on the site.

Annette

Awesome Awesome Awesome Thank you....placed the order, should have them sometime in the begining of June:D

Archived