Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing collector car questions

bjoeaull

Question

So my Dad and I have in the last year or two been buying collector cars, 6 now. They rarely leave the garage and were immaculately detailed when we bought them. Question is whats the best way to routinely clean these things. Should they ever see a hose if they aren't driven in wet conditions.

Next is probably easier to answer and thats the waxing. I'm thinking hand wax them once clean. Should we use clay ever? How often should they be waxed, I was thinking yearly, thoughts?

when I say they get out once every couple of weeks or so, sometimes its a longer period though. And when they come out for a spin, its usually just a run up and down the very long alsphalt driveway. Only on special drives do they venture out on the roads, and not all of them. And only nice days, so basically couped up all winter in the garage.

Thanks guys!

you all are funny! Yeah, we got a little carried away the last 2 years at barrett jackson scottsdale! Great times and great memories thats for sure. We try to look at it like they are investments, lol!

when I say they get out once every couple of weeks or so, sometimes its a longer period though. And when they come out for a spin, its usually just a run up and down the very long alsphalt driveway. Only on special drives do they venture out on the roads, and not all of them. And only nice days, so basically couped up all winter in the garage.

Thanks guys!

At least tell us the type and model of cars you have... :willy:

Like Chris said... WCW and DS...

When I got the Firebird, I did a complete correction for two reasons,

1. It needed it really bad.

2. I wanted to start from scratch. that way I knew what wax and sealant was on there.

Haha, I should have known better!

56 Chevy Apache pick up

81361_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

64 GTO Convertible triple black 389 tripower Numbers match

81589_Side_Profile_Web-1.jpg

69 Firebird Convertible triple green 400 numbers match

22554_262499687373_610192373_3489643_7479551_n.jpg

56 Nomad Restomod 427

96663_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

66 Chevelle SS 396 Numbers match

96534_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

59 Corvette Restomod