Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Next Steps: help needed

NYJets77

Question

So now that I have 2 awesomely shiny cars in my driveway, I need to plan on where to go from here.

1. Its been about a week and a half since detailing the Camaro, and its got a bunch of pollen on it, so its getting washed this weekend. After I wash it, I Detail Spray it and that's it, since the Buttery should still be intact. Right? If I had BG, I could put that on after a wash until the next time I wax it?

2. Looking down the road, I could see getting BG and Americana. What are the advantages of using Americana over Buttery? More protection and a better shine? That's what it seems like from reading/watching the videos.

3. Are there any options for removing scratches on the my RDX without buying a Porter Cable?

4. I was told by the dealer that the Camaro RS comes with "glossy painted wheels". What do I do with these? Polish? Only Polish? Wax?

5. I'm ok with my new-found addiction. :thumbsup:

15 answers to this question

1. Its been about a week and a half since detailing the Camaro, and its got a bunch of pollen on it, so its getting washed this weekend. After I wash it, I Detail Spray it and that's it, since the Buttery should still be intact. Right? If I had BG, I could put that on after a wash until the next time I wax it?

Yes, and yes. But you could always add more BW after a couple washes if needed.

2. Looking down the road, I could see getting BG and Americana. What are the advantages of using Americana over Buttery? More protection and a better shine? That's what it seems like from reading/watching the videos.

It lasts longer. :thumbsup:

3. Are there any options for removing scratches on the my RDX without buying a Porter Cable?

Many polish by hand with SHR and Revive

4. I was told by the dealer that the Camaro RS comes with "glossy painted wheels". What do I do with these? Polish? Only Polish? Wax?

Same steps as your paint, NO Metal polish on painted rims.

:2thumbs:

Come stop by Wantagh Mitsu, I'm a manger here and I have an extra bottle of BSG in my desk. When I get bored I love shining up showroom cars!

John, did you move from the Caddy dealer? Promotion?

I did move. I miss my American cars too, even though many of the Mitsu's are built in IL and are probably more domestic than the Caddy. My old company which was Buick, Pontiac, GMC, but GM closed are dealership. They bought and took over this Mitsu store. They brought me back with a managers spot, and Caddy tried very hard to get me to stay with them. Very tough choice on my part, but in the big picture I'm hoping to invest in the next dealership with my now company.

I did move. I miss my American cars too, even though many of the Mitsu's are built in IL and are probably more domestic than the Caddy. My old company which was Buick, Pontiac, GMC, but GM closed are dealership. They bought and took over this Mitsu store. They brought me back with a managers spot, and Caddy tried very hard to get me to stay with them. Very tough choice on my part, but in the big picture I'm hoping to invest in the next dealership with my now company.

I hope the new place works out well for you.

Speaking of Caddy's, a friend at work just traded for a new silver CTS Coupe - that thing looks amazing!

Sorry to the OP for jacking up your thread!

V Wagon is where it's at! If it's two doors, it should be two seats, but that is IMO. Mitsu comes with a 5 year 60k bumper to bumper, who would of thunk it!

If you own a drill buy the Adam's 4" Focus pads and backing plate, perfect for small jobs

Just be careful not to burn the paint as it's somewhat of a rotary if you think about it, I use my drill for small scratches along with my PC.

As said, can be done by hand, just takes longer but works fine.

Archived