Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's In & Out Spray Detail Dressing....

Grubrunner

Question

Let me say up front that it's the best of it's kind in terms of finish/appearence/longevity/durabilty.... by a country mile.

That's not the issue. The issue is with the current batch of I&O spray I'm using..... I've had it for a couple of months or more but only got around to using them recently as the previous batch just ran out.

My issue is with the over-spray on the paint, windows and other parts I'm NOT intending to get it on to. I'm carefull with my application in terms of avoiding excess and being precise. I'm cool with the over-spray as I understand it's a case of nature of the beast. However, it's not as easy to remove as it once was. I don't ever recall this being the issue with past cans I've used.

I really have to hit some Adam's Detail Spray and/or Adam's Glass Cleaner to remove the over-spray because it doesn't come off that easily with a MF towel. Never had to use a product in the past.... a MF swipe would take any over-spray right off. No great deal [really] but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Two questions: One, what am I doing wrong? Any tips/suggestions/opinions? Two, any plans to put an adjustable spray nozzle on this for those small delicate areas [door handles, front/rear skirts, window moldings, wiper arms, ski racks, delicate engine parts, etc...] where we can widen/narrow the spray pattern? You know, similar to several of the OTC tire shine products out there....

Cheers.

13 answers to this question

Thats really unusual Ed... as any number of people who've attended a clinic run by me, one of my favorite demos is to purposely spray In & Out on the glass and the paint, far more than you'd ever get with overspray. It always wipes cleanly away with a microfiber and we haven't changed anything since the re-release of the product, but if it doesn't like you said use a little DS or glass cleaner.

As far as the adjustable tip... I can see that being a tiny bit useful, but honestly the product fogs (by design) you'd have overspray just the same so you'd be back at square one.

Shake your can better. Also make sure you are shaking as you go, and feathering that trigger. Back off the vehicle a little bit.

Hammering WOT, or staying more consistent, if the product isnt shaken enough, or if its seen some cold weather for a long period of time could be the issue(s).

^It took me some time to get friendly with this product, and the above is what I noticed I had trouble with. Dylan prolly was sick of hearing from me about it lolololololol

As far as the adjustable tip... I can see that being a tiny bit useful, but honestly the product fogs (by design) you'd have overspray just the same so you'd be back at square one.

I hear you but I dissagree.

I think an adjustable spray nozzle would be great on a product like AI&OS where precision is often required to avoid overspray. This was/is the very reason many of the OTC tire shine products implemented it.... to avoid over-spray onto wheels and panels.

We can agree to disagree.

How long did you leave it on your paint before trying to remove it?:confused:

Within ten seconds following application.

Also, was the area warm? That it may have baked on.

No, I never apply any products to a warm vehicle.

Shake your can better. Also make sure you are shaking as you go, and feathering that trigger. Back off the vehicle a little bit.

Actually, backing off the vehicle is not a good idea when applying anything of this nature. Backing off increases the surface area and thereby making it more likely to get overspray on parts you do not want.

I was having the same problem, but the best way to remove it is with a clean/DRY MF towel. It comes off no problem.

It use to for me to, but not lately.

It's all good though.... a little ADS and/or AGC is not going to be that big an issue.

:thumbsup:

Ok, so I tried a new can of In & Out Spray and had no issues with removing any over-spray from the glass or paint.... Weird!

I'll see if they have diff batch numbers

Thats really unusual Ed... as any number of people who've attended a clinic run by me, one of my favorite demos is to purposely spray In & Out on the glass and the paint, far more than you'd ever get with overspray. It always wipes cleanly away with a microfiber and we haven't changed anything since the re-release of the product, but if it doesn't like you said use a little DS or glass cleaner.

its funny you say this because I had the same problem and even after washing the car there was still some residue...

made me stop using IOS on my seals...

its funny you say this because I had the same problem and even after washing the car there was still some residue...

made me stop using IOS on my seals...

You're speaking of door seals, right?

I use a very light haze of SVRT dabbed onto a sponge applicator pad on my ride. I prefer the sheen and finish of the SVRT over the I&OS and my application process leaves no room for wipe downs on panels [overspray].

:thumbsup:

Archived