Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from PA

scott5

Hey Everyone,

My name is Scott and im from Johnstown, PA and was directed to this site from tbssowners and figured i would join up. I am new to the detailing world. I just bought a 06 Trailblazer SS. This is my first black daily driver and im all "murdered" out so its even more of a point to make sure i keep it clean. I have had a black mustang before but it never saw anything but nice days so it was easy to keep clean. I have come to the conclusion i am not happy with how clean its getting. So i joined up here to get all the info and tips and how to's to do this right. Here is what i am currently using.

Car wash- Turtle Wax ICE

Quick Detailer - Mothers California Gold Showtime

Clay bar - Mothers California Gold Showtime

Wax - Turtle Wax ICE

All purpose cleaner- simple green.

I was thinking about buying The essential detailing kit that is for sale on the site since it looks like it has everything i need to get started.

Sorry for the long first post. Im looking forward to learning all i can and making some new friends along the way. here are the two pics of my TBSS. first one is when i first bought it and 2nd is how it looks now.

Tbss1.jpg

223212_195208693857925_100001063887214_538040_7885138_n.jpg

:welcomebanner:Scott welcome!! You came to the right place to learn. There is a lot of fine folks on here with alot of experience!! I am a Western Pa. native myself not to mention a TBSS owner (you have a nice truck by the way) Rich is a Johnstown native and a wealth of knowledge!! You will see him post often and his Vette is a perfect example of what black can look like if well maintained.

:rockon:Welcome Scott.:rockon:

We're not getting much driving time with these vehicles around here are we? Don't know if you're into shows much, but Cruisin for Courtney is on Saturday the 21st at Conemaugh Twp. High School and Big Rubbers car show is Sunday the 22 at Gander Mountain. I won't be at either one. I'll be in Ocean City at the BIG car show. :banana:

Scott, forgot to mention that the first Windber cruise in is this Friday night and Wolf's cruise in is Sunday at 6.

And by the way.............throw all that junk you're using into the garbage. :lolsmack:

:welcomebanner:Scott welcome!! You came to the right place to learn. There is a lot of fine folks on here with alot of experience!! I am a Western Pa. native myself not to mention a TBSS owner (you have a nice truck by the way) Rich is a Johnstown native and a wealth of knowledge!! You will see him post often and his Vette is a perfect example of what black can look like if well maintained.

Do you live in ligonier by chance?

Scott, forgot to mention that the first Windber cruise in is this Friday night and Wolf's cruise in is Sunday at 6.

And by the way.............throw all that junk you're using into the garbage. :lolsmack:

I live in windber and didn't even know that. Haha. Thank you for the heads up. I work at lockheed martin and we are on 7days so idk if I will make it, but I will try.

i used to live in Pa but live in Ohio now. If you want to save shipping run down to New Alexander to Grabaik Chevy to buy your supplies. They have everything Adams. Any questions ask Scott Mc or Rich. Scott is in Latrobe.

Welcome to the forum! I played hockey at the War Memorial when I was in Juniors. Is it still there? I remember all the flood lines on the walls in the restaurants!

Slapshot is a classic!

I'm actually IN Slapshot. Me and my brother and my wife. We were extras in the crowd.

We have an indoor football team that plays in there now too.

I'm actually IN Slapshot. Me and my brother and my wife. We were extras in the crowd.

We have an indoor football team that plays in there now too.

Now I have to watch that again just to see if I can find you :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Archived