Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash Mitts

BigDogK-9

Question

Ok Guys, what is the best way to get your car wash mitt clean? After use I did as instructed in the DVD and scrubbed it on the grit guard rising thoroughly. I still had some crud that was imbedded in the mitt and ended up having to pick it out. Would I be doing something wrong or is there a better way?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

After use I did as instructed in the DVD and scrubbed it on the grit guard rising thoroughly. I still had some crud that was imbedded in the mitt and ended up having to pick it out.

Thats the way I do it, theres really no other way to get rid of the crud in the mitt without picking it out with your fingers.

Try to blast as much crud off the paint as possible prior to taking the wash pad to it, the foam gun and firehose nozzle does a great job of getting that stuff off the paint before you physically touch the paint :2thumbs:

Thanks guys!! I did hit the truck hard with a full prewash before using the soap but still ended up getting small pieces of crud stuck in the mitt. Also did a two bucket fresh water grit gard agitation after final mitt clean and rinse and still couldn't get it to release.

I like to use two maybe three washpads. I use the Jumbo for the upper part, and the Pro for the part below the SS logos. If I cant get something that nasty off with the pre soak/rinse, then i will grab another pad specifically for Crap I dont wanna get trapped potentially in a good pad.

That helps your dilemma a little. Sometimes you just get crap in there...sometimes if its close enough to the edge of the wool, Ill cut it out, or pick it out. Remember they have a lifespan of 12-15 good washes, maybe a couple more with proper care, before they dreadlock mon and its time for new ones.

I like to use two maybe three washpads. I use the Jumbo for the upper part, and the Pro for the part below the SS logos. If I cant get something that nasty off with the pre soak/rinse, then i will grab another pad specifically for Crap I dont wanna get trapped potentially in a good pad.

That helps your dilemma a little. Sometimes you just get crap in there...sometimes if its close enough to the edge of the wool, Ill cut it out, or pick it out. Remember they have a lifespan of 12-15 good washes, maybe a couple more with proper care, before they dreadlock mon and its time for new ones.

can you post a pic of the dreadlocks:lolsmack: seriously though, im curios to know whether or not my washpad has gone jamaican:D i haven't counted ive got to be up near 10-12

Archived