Customer Service 866.965.0400

A slew of Questions...

CMorg

Question

I have a few questions. First about product... Is Adams APC paint friendly ? 1. My H3 has a spare tire mounted on the back , it needs cleaned , but I am afraid it may get over spray on the paint. 2. Does Adams not offer any kind of wax stripper that can be machine applied ?

Also , how do you guys clean door jams ?

Thanks all.

8 answers to this question

First about product... Is Adams APC paint friendly ? 1. My H3 has a spare tire mounted on the back , it needs cleaned , but I am afraid it may get over spray on the paint.

Yes, APC will not damage paint, but you need to rinse it throughly when done.

2. Does Adams not offer any kind of wax stripper that can be machine applied ?

Revive is a pre-wax cleaner that can be applied with a white pad, but not wax stripper. A wash with Dawn or using an IPA/water mixture can do that.

Also , how do you guys clean door jams ?

Waterless Car Wash does a good job with the jams.

How about taking the spare tire down before cleaning it :thumbsup:

LOL , Its a 20" KMC Rockstar with a Nitto Dune Grappler 33. Its very , very hard to take just take off and put back on. I know , I thought of that myself..

Yes, APC will not damage paint, but you need to rinse it throughly when done.

Revive is a pre-wax cleaner that can be applied with a white pad, but not wax stripper. A wash with Dawn or using an IPA/water mixture can do that.

Waterless Car Wash does a good job with the jams.

:iagree:

LOL , Its a 20" KMC Rockstar with a Nitto Dune Grappler 33. Its very , very hard to take just take off and put back on. I know , I thought of that myself..

Ahh I have 22" kmc wheels as well with 33 countryboy tires. They are heavy as hell. I wouldnt blame you for not wanting to remove the wheel. Lol

Once you get your door jambs cleaned put a coat of wax on them, either the Buttery Wax or Americana. Then everytime you wash the vehicle, make sure you wipe them down. I have a vette I know not as big as your Hummer, but after each wash I not only dry the body, but the doors and jambs, inside the engine bay the rear hatch area and the gas filler area. Do that each time and they won't get bad.

Archived