Customer Service 866.965.0400

Request: Acronyms

CFry

It would be great for new people if you could replace the acronyms with expanded text. It's rather putoffish for a new user to see all the acronyms thrown around like some kind of coded language. Having the actual product name displayed (or even hot linked) would be a great feature for the board.

Here is one mod that does it:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=113846&page=3

There are obviously many different ways to do it but I think it would enhance the experience here.

That would be a neat mod for sure, that's an old version and it looks like it may not be compatible with our current VB version. Like you said though; I'm sure there are more.

I didn't find it off putting, but it did make understanding posts harder as a NooB.

That is why this thread was created.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3254

That would be a neat mod for sure, that's an old version and it looks like it may not be compatible with our current VB version. Like you said though; I'm sure there are more.

I didn't find it off putting, but it did make understanding posts harder as a NooB.

That is why this thread was created.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3254

Yes, informative but needing to print out a reference card to figure out a conversation is a little cumbersome. Technology 4TW (I mean for the win)

Yes, informative but needing to print out a reference card to figure out a conversation is a little cumbersome. Technology 4TW (I mean for the win)

After two weeks, you'll have them down... It drove me nuts at first too.

I will see if Dylan will look at a mod like that though. I usually hate when I'm moving my mouse and stuff is popping up all over my screen.

Don't wish too hard people... A little birdie told me something today and it's a pretty neat something if it works out. lol

Biggest issue with those links is a lot of them pop up a huge box that sits over what you're reading for 5 seconds every time you sweep over them. They drive me NUTS!

That's what I did as a noob FTW! Didn't take very long to decipher the code. :)

I consider myself a detail junkie but new to these boards not detailing. I now have most of Adam's products.

That said, I too find it a pain figuring them out. For those that do not want the popups possibly a feature to disable them would be helpful. Anything to help Adam's website become more userfriendly seems to me to be a good idea. After all new customers are the name of the game...

Now that I have found Adam's products...here is my feeling for them...:bow:

Archived