Customer Service 866.965.0400

New car Wax

BETOGTI

Question

Hi guys, first of all congratulations on the great Forum and thanks for having me here.

I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and have just purchased Adams PC Starters Kit.

My brand new Pearl White Nissan 370Z has just arrived from the US and I would like to give it a good first wash and detail.

I performed the plastic bag test and believe it or not it feels like it could use some claying, so my plan is to clay and apply 2 coats of MSW with an interval of 24hs between wax applications. Does this sound like a good plan?

This will my first time using a PC on a 120K usd car (retail in Brazil) so I am kind of nervous. I mean very nervous.

Thanks very much.

21 answers to this question

Welcome Roberto! Nothing to worry about with the PC. Just watch and rewatch the videos and understand that it takes some time to correct paint. New paint shouldn't be that bad so it should be a breeze.

Chris

You might want to try the FMP/white pad after claying, to really polish the finish, as the clay may create some slight marring, which the FMP/white pad will remove. You could try a panel and see how it compares to the rest of the surfaces.

The MSW is great stuff. Wait until after the 2nd MSW wipedown (12-24 hrs after initial application of MSW so it is fully cured) and then put on the Americana. (and be ready to smile at your results).

:iagree:

The marring is there, the color of your car is just hiding it. You will get the best possible shine if you do polish it, as mentioned above, prior to putting the wax on.

And IMO, one coat of MSW followed by one coat of Americana is more than enough protection for your paint. The more layers you put down the more chance there is of clouding up the finish :2thumbs:

Thanks Doug123 ,

will do that ! Even tough the paint looks great, I´ve never seen a paint touched by Adams FMP, so this is good opportunity to compare.

2 coast of MSW and 1 coat of Americana??!! Hope I dont go around blinding people at the streets after that! :rockon:

You might want to try the FMP/white pad after claying, to really polish the finish, as the clay may create some slight marring, which the FMP/white pad will remove. You could try a panel and see how it compares to the rest of the surfaces.

The MSW is great stuff. Wait until after the 2nd MSW wipedown (12-24 hrs after initial application of MSW so it is fully cured) and then put on the Americana. (and be ready to smile at your results).

Hi guys, just to give you an update:

Yesterday I clayed the whole car. It took me 3 hours to do it, but I could not be more happy with the results. Paint looks like glass now.

Anyway, it was already 11:00 pm and i had to call it off for the day, was too tired and had to wake up early today, so I just wiped the car with the microfiber cloth and put the cover on.

I am very excited about using all my Adams products, but I really think it will not be necessary since my car has only 65 miles on it and after claying yesterday I tried to find any imperfections or swirls marks and could not.

So, I think I am just going to stick with my former plan to caly and MSW twice with a 24hs time between. Might used a coat of MSW and then a coat of Americanas and then wipe it off again after 12 hs of the second coat just as Mr. Junkman explained.

Will keep you guys updated and will post pictures of the final result until this weekend.

Thanks again.

Thanks to all you guys for the support.Weather is really bad in Rio right now so I should be doing this over the weekend.I will take your advice to Clay, Polish (WHite pad- White product) and Wax (MSW). I think instead of going with a second layer of MSW 24 hs latter I might try some Americana.Will post som pics then.Thanks again.

Welcome Roberto! No surprise about needing clay from the manufacturer, even on new cars. And no worries about the PC. I have black paint, so if I messed up it sure would show.

Wash, dry, clay, then some FMP/white pad work (really shines up the finish) and then the MSW (and then put on your sunglasses). MSW will give you lots of reflections on the surface, crazy shiny. Plus it really lasts a long time.

When you get it all finished up, post up some photos so we all can drool.

:welcomebanner:

You paid 120k for the 370z?:help:

Yes!:mad: Import Taxes in Brazil are crazy! We pay almost 4x the price of what you lucky americans pay:thumbsup:

P.s.: gas is more expensive too. Guess I have to move to the US where I can attend to some Adams clinics.

Archived