Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hand washed but still had film?

BillB

Question

Ok so this is pretty embarrassing to even ask because washing your car/truck should be pretty straight forward you would think lol.

Anyways, I foamed the truck down today with Car Shampoo and gave it a good 2 bucket wash. Since I put the lift on I have noticed it takes a little more time because I am constantly dragging around a mini step stool for a lot of higher areas :rolleyes: so when I hosed it off after I was finished I noticed the film from the rain was still on the truck in most areas. Is it possible that if the film is so thick and the shampoo sits for awhile its drying up making it difficult to rinse off at the end? I had to 2 bucket again to get the rest off

11 answers to this question

Ok so this is pretty embarrassing to even ask because washing your car/truck should be pretty straight forward you would think lol.

Anyways, I foamed the truck down today with Car Shampoo and gave it a good 2 bucket wash. Since I put the lift on I have noticed it takes a little more time because I am constantly dragging around a mini step stool for a lot of higher areas :rolleyes: so when I hosed it off after I was finished I noticed the film from the rain was still on the truck in most areas. Is it possible that if the film is so thick and the shampoo sits for awhile its drying up making it difficult to rinse off at the end? I had to 2 bucket again to get the rest off

Odd... Makes me believe either your not pressing hard enough or it's drying before you get it sprayed off and then the film remains after rinsing.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Odd... Makes me believe either your not pressing hard enough or it's drying before you get it sprayed off and then the film remains after rinsing.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Ya I made sure I was pressing pretty good as I could tell it was caked on pretty thick. It has rained everyday since the last wash (last Friday I believe)

I run into this problem often, myself. Adam's Car Shampoo is undoubtedly the safest car wash poduct I have ever used, but it comes at a small price. You have to use some old-fashioned elbow grease when washing your car. The car shampoo is loaded with surfactants and stuff to make it slippery so that it is not harsh on the wax or finish of your car. I have to use more pressure on the wash mitt to clean the grimy film away. If I rush the wash, inevitably I have areas that appear clean, but the waffle weave towel ends up soiled after I dry the car. I'd rather leave a few small grimy spots than use a product I can't let dry on the car before rinsing.

I normally use detail spray when I dry... but there was just too much grit still left over to try either so I went over it again as fast as I could with a wash mitt and new bucket of soap and when I hosed it down it seemed to work a lot better

I would suggest doing the baggie test to see if your paint is really that contaminated. If you are feeling grit on the surface while drying, and not swirling the heck out of your paint (vehicle really wouldn't be clean), then you need to Claybar that beast!

I don't have a foam gum so I wash both cars with the two bucket method and an Adams jumbo wash pad. The Corvette is a simple and fast wash, but the wife's SUV is a different story. I need a step stool to get the roof area. I wash the entire car without rinsing it and I never have an issue with film and I live in Florida. Something does not sound right with yours.

Archived