Customer Service 866.965.0400

Saving your back; drying your applicators

NYJets77

Question

I bought this http://www.jimrohrs.com/rollingseat.jpg from http://www.kotulas.com because I have a herniated disc (much better now after injections). It doubles as a gardening seat (its original purpose, really). The big tires make it very stable and easy to roll over a hose. Its steerable. Surprisingly comfortable doing wheels and lower panels. There's storage underneath the seat and a basket in the back, just right for MF towels and a bottle of Adam's DS/Revive/BW.

After I'm finished detailing, and I've washed out my applicators, I lay the grit guards down on the floor of my garage and let the applicators air dry on top of them. The airflow around them is perfect. It beats trying to hang them from a line or in a mesh bag.

15 answers to this question

I have a MAC creeper seat that I use, but I would love one of the big wheel ones like you have. Cracks in the driveway kill my little wheels.

I've had 4 epidural injections and then back surgery. Weight lifting killed my back. Oops!

Chris

After I'm finished detailing, and I've washed out my applicators, I lay the grit guards down on the floor of my garage and let the applicators air dry on top of them. The airflow around them is perfect. It beats trying to hang them from a line or in a mesh bag.

I use the Grit Guard or a plastic storage crate place upside down if I have several 6.5" pads to dry.

I'm a bit chubby, my back is badly out of alignment (professional opinion), and I have problems with the muscles in my lower back. I am so glad someone posted the idea of a rolling chair up because last detail when I was sitting down on the garage floor trying to polish, I was in a ridiculous amount of pain. I was stiff for 2 or 3 days after that.

Just be really careful with a chair like that, the basket or steering wheel could put in some damage you can't fix :willy::willy::willy:

But a rolling chair is a great tool to have :thumbsup:

I thought about that, and the seat itself is all metal. I've used it twice already and keep it at least 2 ft away from the car. I was going to put foam pipe insulation on parts of it, but so far, its not an issue. And it doesn't roll by itself.

The metal seat is contoured and pretty comfortable, for whomever was wondering. :cheers:

Archived