Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you dry a wash pad???

Question

After using my washpads only once, rinsing them, and letting them sit and dry, the are not soft and fibery anymore.

the fibers are all clumped together, and it is not soft.

any advice?

12 answers to this question

if you have a dehumidifier, you can place it near them and it will dry it faster..

as far as getting the fibers untangled, theres a recent thread that showed someone using a hair brush gently on the fibers.. can't find the link though..

I wash mine out with the hose real well then i run them on a short cycle in the washing machine with some dye free tide. I run them through two rinse cycles and by the time the spinning is done they come out almost dry and the nap is good to go. No matting at all.

First thing I'll say is - you've gotta have a ton of patience in getting all the soap out. They hold a ton, and Adam's car wash makes a ton of suds.

Second is a question - how many are putting their mitts in with their towels? I've tried to keep microfibers separate from everything else (starting to drive the wife crazy with me doing all my "car" laundry) but if I can put the mitts in with 'em to conserve loads I might be able to prolong my life a little more.

:lol:

Just a thought from a lesson learned in Auburn, IN, thanks to ALF01.....

What about taking a dry Great White, and rolling up the pad in the towel after you have performed your cleaning and wringing process?

I always after cleaning my washpads, bring them inside to sit on my kitchen counter, on top of a grit guard. I am in process of making a Detailer's Clothesline in my laundry, specifically for clothespinning (carefully) my wash pads and towels.

I hang mine in my basement laundry room, right by the humidifier.

I guess humidity works different an Canuckville..

Down here in the States, we would put these next to a dehumidifier.. eh..

Archived