Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Guy

woodsdesign

Sorry guys, the question was weather or not to WAX lacquer. I have been told that waxing will not allow lacquer paint to breath. This could cause "checking" in the paint. Would like to know the forums oppinion.

Sorry guys, the question was weather or not to WAX lacquer. I have been told that waxing will not allow lacquer paint to breath. This could cause "checking" in the paint. Would like to know the forums oppinion.

It sure will, if you wax it before the paint cures. After the paint cures (90 days to be safe), you can wax away. My father painted with lacquer for 40 years. Somebody gave you some bum scoop.

I had a 64 StingRay in family for 12 years, Dad and I waxed it every month with no problems. That was with the old waxes of the 60's. Todays waxes are much improved.

Good luck, great car, miss mine.:thumbsup:

I'm thinking you should just send that Corvette my way. I'll wax it up, then do a survey on the paint over the next 20 years, complete with write up and pictures, then send the car back (after the aforementioned 20 years).

Otherwise, welcome to the forum.

Bruce

I'm thinking you should just send that Corvette my way. I'll wax it up, then do a survey on the paint over the next 20 years, complete with write up and pictures, then send the car back (after the aforementioned 20 years).

Otherwise, welcome to the forum.

Bruce

:lol:

Archived