Customer Service 866.965.0400

iOS5

Chewy

I'm not sure if any of you Apple fan boys and girls have kept up on the new version of iOS that Apple will be going to in the fall, but MAN... Is it NICE!

A guy here at work has the beta and it's AMAZING... I am totally looking forward to getting it. He said the emulation of the iPad on his TV is amazing. You can surf the internet and look at it on your TV, using you iPad and a Gen II AppleTV. Everything on your iPad (apps and all) are shot to the TV. It's pretty awesome.

The new notifications system (android-esque) is also very nice, and IMO they improved on the Android idea. Of course Apple hired the guy that designed the jailbreak version. It's VERY clean and makes sense.

Check out the hands on...:2thumbs:

http://www.engadget.com/wwdc-2011/apple-ios-5-hands-on-preview/

Any Apple bashing posts will be deleted. No need for it here. Competition is what makes the world turn. All the devices are better for it IMO.

Chris

Cool! Can't wait. I have Android but I've been wanting to go back to iOS. It just sucks that it wont be 4G capable on Verizon this year.

I have to believe the iPhone 5 will be just that... They've been SUPER tight lipped about #5. Hopefully no one will lose one in a bar somewhere... lol

Take a look at Apples new proposed headquarters. This is going to be BAD behind...

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/a-first-look-at.php

If Apple ever approves our school district for the developer program I will be able to get a hold of it in beta too. I am super excited!

Pay 99 bucks and become one... It's not hard...

AT&T is switching from Panasonic Toughbook laptops to iPad 2's for our technicians. Pretty cool stuff...

Bought time! Toughbooks are just as fragile as iPads!

We just ordered 60 iPads for work! Pretty excited.

We use them for our cryo techs... They have the customer sign the work order, they email it to the office and we bill ASAP. Sometimes it took as many as 2 weeks for a tech to get back into the office with the signed copies. Our goal is to look into getting rid of the palm style barcode readers we use and go to iPods or iPhones with the barcode case installed, like they use in the Apple and Old Navy stores.

Chris

Around here, there will be a Verizon 4G/LTE-capable iPhone long before 4G/LTE will be available.

I'm looking forward to more integration with AppleTV. What a fantastic entertainment adjunct that is - I have three of them on various TV's around here.

Around here, there will be a Verizon 4G/LTE-capable iPhone long before 4G/LTE will be available.

I'm looking forward to more integration with AppleTV. What a fantastic entertainment adjunct that is - I have three of them on various TV's around here.

Agreed on both parts...

The only Apple device I've ever had issues with and got rid of is the Apple Extreme. It kept going up and down on me. I decided to read some threads on it, and found that it's a bigger issue. I currently have a new Cisco E4200 on my desk to take home and I brought the AE into work to see if we can use it here.

Chris

Agreed on both parts...

The only Apple device I've ever had issues with and got rid of is the Apple Extreme. It kept going up and down on me. I decided to read some threads on it, and found that it's a bigger issue. I currently have a new Cisco E4200 on my desk to take home and I brought the AE into work to see if we can use it here.

Chris

Odd. I bought a new Airport Extreme to replace the old one after 4 years because I wanted the dual band and the guest feature. For me, so far, it's been as flawless as the previous one and it gets heavy use around here between the AppleTVs, iPhones, iPads, laptops etc, as well as my Sony 60 inch via an Airport Express (don't use that much...Sony's streaming isn't as fast as Apple's around here).

I have to believe the iPhone 5 will be just that... They've been SUPER tight lipped about #5. Hopefully no one will lose one in a bar somewhere... lol

Take a look at Apples new proposed headquarters. This is going to be BAD behind...

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/a-first-look-at.php

I believe that but what I've read so far is that the iPhone 4S is what we all will have in the fall and iPhone 5 will come on 2012 but I hope you're right.

Been wanting to take the apple plunge but time warner supplys me a pc and HTc tilt phone(absolutely the worst smart phone out there using at&t and due to the other at&t person on here i wont voice my opinion on that). I was thinking ipad or should i got full blown laptop?

I was thinking ipad or should i got full blown laptop?

My iPad has been a fantastic tool and I find that unless I'm going to be doing a lot of photo editing, I rarely take a laptop on the road anymore. I do usually carry along an airport express in case the hotel has only wired internet access.

The iPad, however, is a computer adjunct, not a computer replacement. Still gotta have a laptop if you plan on doing any serious work on the road IMHO. It works fine with PC's.

The thing about Apple that I have always found to be true: It's an advertising tagline, true, but when they say "It just works"...it does. Everything, software and hardware, is so intuitively integrated that a lot of the mystery of home computing is removed.

My iPad has been a fantastic tool and I find that unless I'm going to be doing a lot of photo editing, I rarely take a laptop on the road anymore. I do usually carry along an airport express in case the hotel has only wired internet access.

The iPad, however, is a computer adjunct, not a computer replacement. Still gotta have a laptop if you plan on doing any serious work on the road IMHO. It works fine with PC's.

The thing about Apple that I have always found to be true: It's an advertising tagline, true, but when they say "It just works"...it does. Everything, software and hardware, is so intuitively integrated that a lot of the mystery of home computing is removed.

Agreed! They tend to think through it a bit more IMO. Once you learn the OS, it's easier to use. Of course there's a steep learning curve, but I prefer Mac OS.

The iPad DOES NOT take the place of a laptop yet. It won't be long IMO though.

I played with our employees iPhone yesterday which has iOS5 on it. WOW! I can't get over the cool stuff it does. It IS buggy though... It likes to stack ALL the icons on top of each other. Hence the BETA designation...

I'm kinda ticked off that they have yet to release an iPhone with 4g, I've been waiting and waiting patiently.. I've waited long enough as I refuse to leave VZW, and held off from the iP4 as I want 4g, and it was supposed to be out by now..

I'm kinda ticked off that they have yet to release an iPhone with 4g, I've been waiting and waiting patiently.. I've waited long enough as I refuse to leave VZW, and held off from the iP4 as I want 4g, and it was supposed to be out by now..

Looks like it will likely be 1st quarter 2012 before we see a Verizon LTE-capable iPhone. AT&T 4G in September.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/18/apple-lte-enabled-iphone-likely-due-in-2012/

OTOH, they're predicting a Verizon LTE iPad by the holidays.

Archived