Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ok guys... first question

SteelJones

Question

After reading this board for a month I think this is the foundation to begin with before I get into all of the other products.

I will be in possession of the following products in the next week:

Adams Basic Car Care Kit

Detail Cart

Adams Double Car Wash Grit Guard Bucket Kit

Adams Basic PC Polisher Kit

ISSUES

I bought my car about a month ago and the car is black and has several micro scratches in the finish. The dealer took it back in at no charge and buffed the scratches, but they are still visible. I was going to pay someone to take them out and then I discovered Adams and this great forum and decided to do it myself. My question is will the basic PC kit address the scratches, or should I be thinking about some other products as well?

Basic Two Bucket Wash with OTC products... I know.. Adams stuff is on the way!!! :xfingers:

post-4676-136818048317_thumb.jpg

Okay on to the issues... the first scratch is on the rear passenger door!

post-4676-136818048323_thumb.jpg

Lastly I have the hood which has a few more scratches and some swirl, but I know SHR will take care of the swirls... I am more concerned about the scratches and whether or not the PC can eradicate them.

post-4676-136818048328_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance for your advice.

16 answers to this question

Welcome! Go watch Vol 7, Then order one of everything, and do work son!

I intend to do work very soon... my PC and other assorted Adams items arrived this morning. Now I just need to knock out the 12 yards of mulch my wife ordered for me to spread and I can play with my car! :lolsmack:

You are in a great position being in PA, I think there are more members in PA than any other state. And you have the Thompson's and Carlisle for detail clinic opportunities :2thumbs:

I know I keep looking at the upcoming detail clinic thread hoping to see some dates soon for Thompson Racing.

Can you feel the scratches with your nail? The might be too deep to get rid of completely.

Actually none of the scratches are deep enough for me to get a fingernail into. I am hopeful that the scratches are a combination of improper washing technique and buffer abuse. Based on all the advice I have received the :pc: should do the job! :xfingers:

On the hood you have swirls and buffer trails, on the door with the scratch you have buffer trails going vertically. Adam's and a PC make quick work of the buffer damage :thumbsup:

:iagree: If it looks like a spider web or someome took steel wool to it, it's a swirl. Buffer trails look more like holograms. The PC will take care of almost everything. The door scratch I'm sure if it will come completely out. It will hide though.

Bill, I am not familiar with machine polishing, but I thought that those marks on the hood in that circular pattern were buffer trails! Thanks for confirming that for me...

On the hood you have swirls and buffer trails, on the door with the scratch you have buffer trails going vertically. Adam's and a PC make quick work of the buffer damage :thumbsup:

I hope the dealer didn't charge you extra for the buffer trails they put in trying to remove the scratches:jester:

It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures but with a little patience and practice you will be amazed what the basic kit can do for your paint. I think you'll be fine :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Then practice proper washing techniques so you don't put any swirls back in the paint. But patience will be the key for you with a black car and your first time using a PC :hi:

Bill, I am not familiar with machine polishing, but I thought that those marks on the hood in that circular pattern were buffer trails! Thanks for confirming that for me...

I hope the dealer didn't charge you extra for the buffer trails they put in trying to remove the scratches:jester:

It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures but with a little patience and practice you will be amazed what the basic kit can do for your paint. I think you'll be fine :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Then practice proper washing techniques so you don't put any swirls back in the paint. But patience will be the key for you with a black car and your first time using a PC :hi:

Archived