Customer Service 866.965.0400

just got done

valente

Question

i finally finished my car

did the clay-SSR-SHR-FMP and the MSW,but i think i moved the pc to fast cause can still see swirls and some scratches.and after the MSW maybe i didnt spread it evenly cause there is some wax or something that i cant rub of, i got 2-3 spotscan i spray some DS or should i just wait till i lay the BG and the Americana

mios002-1.jpg

i still have the wifes car but dont want to start untill im done with mine,and she sees how it came out.this is her car

mios002.jpghttp://www.adamsforums.com/forums/mios002.jpg[/img]

17 answers to this question

On a side note, if you still have visible swirls you should adjust your polishing technique and readdress before putting the MSW on. Of course if you're fine with what's there then that's all that really matters!

BTW..I love the black chally!

I would do as many passes it takes until the swirls are gone. Trust me I worked about 15 hours on the hood, roof, trunk and side pillars of my car. The roof itself took around 4 to 5 hours of my time to get the results I wanted.

This brings me th the question of, what do you use to get to the roof as I find a two step stoll even makes you reach in a very uncomforrtable way. And you certainly cant be getting even pressure on the pc at that?

It also depends on how hard your clearcoat is. Some cars have a harder clear coat then others. Like my GP on the hood I did 1 pass of SHR and 1 pass of FMP on my hood and it got a very good amount of the swirls out after I pulled it out into the sun as most know the sun shows all and I was impressed with what it took. Next time im gonna try adding a pass of SSR and maybe 2 passes of SHR and I think I can get em all out. Chewy can testify on how bad my car was. I was pretty satisfied with the results I had after 1 pass.

15 HOURS:willy:

i spent 7 hours and thought i was taking to long.ill wait a few weeks and then i will try it again.it looks much better after the BG and the AMERICANA.next time i will take my time and do one seccion at a time and not move till im happy with the results.thank you

yea 15-25 hours sounds right. It usually takes me 2.5 days to complete my car.

Your ride Looks good :thumbsup:

When I clay my windows I cleaned them with glass cleaner and then use the glass sealant. I never tried bg, but I will in the future

15 HOURS:willy:

i spent 7 hours and thought i was taking to long.ill wait a few weeks and then i will try it again.it looks much better after the BG and the AMERICANA.next time i will take my time and do one seccion at a time and not move till im happy with the results.thank you

Too late,i put the BG and the AMERICANA yesterday.how long do you guys usually wait to do another pass with the SSR-SHR-FMP and the MSW.i want to master the technique of useing the pc.the wifes car is free of swirls,so that should not take me long.thanks again for the help

I would do as many passes it takes until the swirls are gone. Trust me I worked about 15 hours on the hood, roof, trunk and side pillars of my car. The roof itself took around 4 to 5 hours of my time to get the results I wanted.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

On a side note, if you still have visible swirls you should adjust your polishing technique and readdress before putting the MSW on. Of course if you're fine with what's there then that's all that really matters!

Too late,i put the BG and the AMERICANA yesterday.how long do you guys usually wait to do another pass with the SSR-SHR-FMP and the MSW.i want to master the technique of useing the pc.the wifes car is free of swirls,so that should not take me long.thanks again for the help

I did a little test today, i put BG on 1 window, then just used glass cleaner on the rest and pulled her out into the sun, and i could see the differnce in the one wiht some BG on it, so they all got the treatment! but after claying the window i like to use the glass cleaner and then finish everything up with a coat of adams glass sealant, it works awesome.

when you clay windows just use either adams glass cleaner or ds (most prefer glass cleaner as do I) and the follow up with BG on the windows afterwards. You can do the same on your wheels but honestly Im not sure how the BG would stack up against brake dust and so forth. On wheels I would say probably use DS im not sure how GWC will affect the clay.

thank you peoples,one question.when i clay the windows and the wheels is that all i need to use or do i have to use anything else.thank you

i didnt take a picture of the front of the car cause of my headlights,they are dirty,i just order the 4" pads so i can do the headlights.the brake light came out awsome,like brand new:thumbsup:

Wait at least 12 hours before putting anything on top of the MSW. You want to do a full wipe down with DS or WW at that point.

But if you have a few spots that you are having a hard time removing the MSW then yes, use some DS to clean those up.

:iagree:

Wait at least 12 hours before putting anything on top of the MSW. You want to do a full wipe down with DS or WW at that point.

But if you have a few spots that you are having a hard time removing the MSW then yes, use some DS to clean those up.

Archived