Customer Service 866.965.0400

For the Shutter Bugs....

Nordgrey

One of things that always annoyed me about cameras wasn't figuring out the camera, but the freaking strap. Having a couple pounds hanging off your neck all day long or even for a couple hours automatically meant a headache at the end.

I bought my new D5100 a couple weeks ago and decided to take a course on all its features offered by the store. The instructor was wearing one of these. I bought one before I left the store.

http://www.blackrapid.com/product/camera-strap/rs-5/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had one since they were first released. I use it with Nikon D3 and pro lenses, including the big 70-200 zoom. It has always worked well and has never failed me.

And it's a stand-up company...they've upgraded the hardware a couple of times and in every case they have sent the upgraded hardware to me for free.

That looks a lot more comfortable than having it hanging around your neck all day. You copied me on the camera, I may have to copy you on the strap. :)

I hate you Jim !!!!

Why didn't you post this last week :help::help::help::help:

I spent almost 4 hours standing in one spot with my camera, and camera bag, hanging around my neck today.

They were calling for rain today so I brought the bag as a place the keep the D90 dry. Never had a drop of rain :mad:

Sorry Bill! :o

In my defense, I only found out about it Thursday.....:lolsmack:

Then you are forgiven :jester:

I'm seriously going to order one of those, I broke my neck in 1993 and the D90 with a 18-200 MM lens hanging from my neck for any length of time is not fun :o

I just ordered the RS-7 :thumbsup:

I did too. I thought about getting the sport one, but figured I could always just get the BRAD strap later if I feel like I need it.

Cool! Glad to be of service. :cheers:

Pretty sure that four or five of my paintball buddies are going to pick one up as well after they got to try it out yesterday.

BlackRapid ought to be giving me commissions!

I looked at them but my problem is I always have a mounting plate on the bottom of the camera. I like to take action shots so I use a mono-pod most of the time to keep the camera still. It would be nice to find something that would hook onto the normal strap points. My camera is heavy so I am moving it around all the time.

thanks for reminding me that my mounting plate is missing from my tripod..

I wonder how safe it is using the screw on hook.. what are the odds of it unscrewing if you're walking around while not using it and its just dangling for certain periods of time?

I looked at them but my problem is I always have a mounting plate on the bottom of the camera. I like to take action shots so I use a mono-pod most of the time to keep the camera still. It would be nice to find something that would hook onto the normal strap points. My camera is heavy so I am moving it around all the time.

check this out!

http://www.blackrapid.com/product/hardware/fr-t1/

Archived