Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Clear 3M

StormChaser

Question

Some of you may have seen that my TBSS was hit 2 times by a hit and run driver.

One on the rear bumper and one on the front bumper.

The rear bumper and tail light are being fixed now. I am not making a claim on the front bumper because the damages were just mainly to the clear bra. The bumper was slightly scratched which I can fix! :pc:

That being said, I was thinking about removing all of the 3m at once and fixing the paint on all the painted panels (hood, bumper, front of the fenders, etc).

How difficult is it to remove the film and should I even try it alone? :help:

14 answers to this question

I just removed my bra on Monday It was on there real well. I started on the end at the right fender and pulled and pulled and it was not easy. For the most part it came off in one piece. Tried the hair dryer and all that did is soften the bra and made it streach more and did not help it come off any easyer. Just to let you know it will come off but it takes a lot of pulling and you will work up a sweat.

Ha ha I am braless right now....I have GOT to get one on my Z. BRANDI....let me know how it goes. If you get another bra put on....maybe we can get some deal if they do your TBSS and my Z?

Let me know if you need help....I can figure out something to come up there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah, hair dryer to warm it up, slowly peel it off, and then a citrus-based adhesive remover like Grafx Gone or Goo Gone to remove any left-over adhesive. Let it sit for just a bit to loosen the stuff, then gently wipe it off.

I just got my ss back from the body shop for the rear damage. Gotta take it back so they can fix the stuff they missed. the rear bumper was repaired and repainted. Looks dang good except...the corners that bolt at the top of the q panel....they are scratched to hell...like they rested the bumper on it at one point.

Both GEICO and this body shop offer a lifetime warranty so...they will be getting a phone call soon enough.

Ugh.

As far as the front bumper...the body shop took off the part of the 3m that was curled up from being hit...and i can see that the 3m did its job well. There are some minor scratches on the bumper that look like i can fix.

So that will be a project i will tackle during July or August when it's the hottest here in virginia.

I'll post pics up soon enough.

Archived