Customer Service 866.965.0400

dumptruck + rock = scratch

MikeS

Question

A few days back my heart skipped a beat when a dumptruck kicked up a rock and I heard a "ding" somewhere on the passenger side of the car. Didn't find anything at first look, but once the weather cleared up it's plain as day.

Yep. Two scratches ~2" to 3" long on my front fender.

I'll clean the car tomorrow and see what I can do with them. :xfingers:

Regardless of how it turns out, I'll post an update.

8 answers to this question

**** that sucks. I hate that feeling when you know something just happened to your car but you don't know what or how bad.

Hopefully they'll be a breeze to repair. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse any grammatical errors

sorry to hear.. let us know how you make out..

last week I got two, possibly more chips on my windshield from rocks being kicked up.. I dont even want to look at what it did to the front end.. I heard so much and could not avoid..

this right hear is why I do not follow dump trucks closely I will go 10 under the speed limit just to let them get ahead of me to the point where I feel its ok.

I piss more people off on the highway because I stay back so far from EVERYONE. Little do most people realize, but ALL vehicles are kicking up stuff all the time. I NEVER tail people and my windshields still get pot marked. :(

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Chris

Yeah, I try to be very careful about it but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Chris, you're right about all vehicles being a danger.....it always amazes me watching the spray behind cars on the highway in the rain. Because that's similar to what could happen with grit, rocks, etc.

I ran out of time last weekend to address it (but got the oil changed in all the cars!). Should have time to break out the focus pads and tackle it over the holiday weekend though.

Archived