Customer Service 866.965.0400

HOW TO: Care for iPad / iPhone / Tablet PC's

The Ryan

Fingerprints.jpg

:willy::willy: Fingerprints!!! :help::help:

We all hate them, its one of the down sides to owning a touch screen device -

Just a fun one I did for ya'll out there with iPads / iPhones / Tablets... There's a variety of ways to keep your devices looking great all the time. Particularly with a few Adam's products you can keep your electronic devices in new condition by simply keeping them clean. So here's what you'll need:

- Adam's Glass Cleaner

- Adam's Detail Spray

- Adam's Glass Sealant

- Adam's Single Soft Micro Fiber Towel

- Adam's Glass Cleaning Towel

- Adam's Microfiber Applicator Pad

Start by setting up a area free of dirty and debris, I like to lay down a Great White Drying Towel to work on:

Products.jpg

Start by cleaning the back of your device; for the iPad use a Single Soft Micro Fiber and Detail Spray; Here's a shot before with lots of oils and dirt stuck to the apple logo:

DirtyBack.jpg

Please note - DO NOT spray any chemicials directly onto your device - doing so may damage your device by getting heavy amounts of liquids into the cracks and crevices.

Spray the Detail spray (1-2) pumps directly into your single soft micro fiber:

DS.jpg

Wipe the device clean, once clean flip the towel over and buff with a dry side of the towel:

DSwipe.jpg

Here's a shot of clean Apple logo after the wipe and buff:

CleanBack.jpg

Flip your device over, and grab your glass cleaner and glass towel, Spray 1-2 Pumps of Adam's Glass Cleaner directly into the glass cleaning towel:

Glasscleanerontowel.jpg

Wipe the product onto the glass surface of the device:

Glasscleaner.jpg

Flip the towel over and buff to a Finger print free finish:

Buffing.jpg

Now that its all pretty again, its time to help make cleaning the glass on these devices easier; enter Adam's Glass Sealant:

GlassSealant.jpg

To all the apple (iDevice) users, 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPads are coated with a "oleo-phobic" coating meaning "Fear of oil" anyone whom has one of these devices know they are still a pain in the rear to clean even with apples fancy glass coating. Adam's glass sealant will not remove or deteriorate your oleo-phobic coating, so there is no need to worry about that. The glass sealant will enhance the optical clarity of the glass while also providing a barrier of protection against oil, making the finger prints much easier to wipe off the devices.

Get your Adam's Glass Sealant, and a Adam's Microfiber applicator Pad, apply a minimal amount of glass sealant to the pad, I over used it in this picture:

GlassSealantapplicator.jpg

Apply the sealant in up and down motions, followed by right to left to ensure you covered the entire surface of the glass:

GlassSealantApplication.jpg

Allow the sealant to haze, (different temerpatures / humidity will dictate the amount of time for the product to haze):

GlassSealantapplied.jpg

Now that its hazed, its time to remove the sealant, grab your Adam's Glass Cleaner and Adam's Glass Towel again (1-2 pumps of cleaner on the towel again):

Glasssealantglasscleaner.jpg

Flip the towel over and Buff the glass to a picture perfect shine!

Buffing.jpg

On to the iPhone (Filthy):

DirtyiPhone1.jpg

Most iPhone users have some sort of protective case on the device, these cases can and will aquire a ton of dust, lint and debris in general, remove your case and reveal the yuck.. Additionally (particularly the iPhone 4) the dust and dirt can cause scratches on the glass surfaces if the device moves around inside the case, its a great idea to make sure you clean the phone and case frequently. My de-shelled devices reveals some nasty stuff:

DirtyiPhone2.jpg

DirtyiPhone.jpg

Follow the same cleaning directions outlined for the iPad above. Once your phone is clean, clean out the case itself that houses your precious iPhone as you can see, the case itself is filled with debris:

DirtyCaseinside.jpg

Look at how much dirt I cleaned out of the case with a single soft micro fiber and some detail spray:

DirtyCase.jpg

And finally, the finished products:

CleaniStuff.jpg

Now that I had them all clean (including a re-polish of my iMac, I wrote up a about a year ago), I couldn't complete the job without a obligatory "Dylan Shot"

DylanShot.jpg

All done! Clean up those filthy iDevices! :banana:

I've thought about getting one of the Ipads....I have a nice laptop but it's heavy and of course bulky (17 inch one). I think it would be pretty freaking convenient to throw it in my purse and be done with it.

I've thought about getting one of the Ipads....I have a nice laptop but it's heavy and of course bulky (17 inch one). I think it would be pretty freaking convenient to throw it in my purse and be done with it.

Darn thats one pretty big purse :lol:

Nice write up Ryan

Yeap you'll still get finger prints... But since the glass sealant is mixed with unicorn horns, and David copperfields blood :jester: it makes it makes it a lot easier to just wipe the fingerprints and smudges off with a glass towel. Much less work than before where the towel would just smear them more and I would have to come back and buff it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeap you'll still get finger prints... But since the glass sealant is mixed with unicorn horns, and David copperfields blood :jester: it makes it makes it a lot easier to just wipe the fingerprints and smudges off with a glass towel. Much less work than before where the towel would just smear them more and I would have to come back and buff it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahaha

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I'll take one of those iPads Brian.. dont worry about cleaning it..

Ok, but your gonna have to work pretty hard to get them away from the wife and two kids!!!

Thanks Ryan, that's what I was hoping to hear!! :thumbsup:

Archived