Customer Service 866.965.0400

Silverado

trashauler

Question

Well after owning my Silverado for a year now I have to say it has been a great truck. I do however hate the cloth seats!! I don’t know what material they make these out of, but they are very hard to keep clean. It seems as they are a magnet for hair. I have to use a lint roller to get it all off because the vacuum will not pick it up. Seriously considering swapping them out for leather.

7 answers to this question

Guest Jay.B

I went through this with my '07. I hated those seats and as you said, a lint roller was about the only thing to help. I have read somewhere, maybe the GM Fullsize site, that some people will use a latex glove like you would use in the kitchen, and rub the seats while they vacuum. They say the glove will ball the lint up and make it easier to clean.

I also bought a cheap rubber pet hair remover and tried that. It worked ok, but those seats are still a pain to keep clean. I had plans on switching to leather as well before I traded. Awesome truck, but horrible seat material.

:thumbsup:Leather is must have. I love my interior and most everything is solved by a quick wipedown or dusting. I had cloth in the OBS it was light grey and sucked i just gave up on it, truck also had 250000 miles on it, so i gave up on it to.

Well after owning my Silverado for a year now I have to say it has been a great truck. I do however hate the cloth seats!! I don’t know what material they make these out of, but they are very hard to keep clean. It seems as they are a magnet for hair. I have to use a lint roller to get it all off because the vacuum will not pick it up. Seriously considering swapping them out for leather.

Hmm. I never seemed to have a problem keeping the cloth seats clean in my 01 Silverado, but i did use a lint roller all the time to keep mine clean

get some nice katzkin seat covers and if thats kinda high King covercraft makes a nice faux leather cover. I was looking at king myself. They also sell on ebay as well.

If you want to replace them with leather, Katzkin is the only way to go. They are fairly inexpensive compared to OEM replacements, and you can customize them how you want. You can add perforation to them, and heated seats if you dont already have them. You can do the center section a different color if you want. They are a really cool thing

Archived