Customer Service 866.965.0400

Super Sealant + Brilliant Glaze + Americana?

Pyrophor2011

Question

Well, I received my ultimate kit the other day and was wondering if it is worth the time, effort and money to throw the Brilliant Glaze into the mix?

Watching the Junkman videos, I planned to just use the Sealant and Americana. Since the Glaze came in the kit, I would use it if it really added a lot to the protection and shine.

My understand is that as long as I get all the damage our through polishing, there shouldn't be much to gain by throwing in the Glaze.

Additionally, throwing in Buttery Wax would also seem redundant, wouldnt it?

10 answers to this question

Glaze adds more gloss... its like sprinkles on a cupcake - don't need em, but they do make it better to some small degree right? The added benefit is filling/masking ability, but if you don't need that aspect the added gloss is still there.

As for buttery... if you're gonna go with the MSS + BG + APW treatment it is redundant.

Basically your outline of process is:

• WASH
  • CLAY
  • REWASH (as needed)
  • AGGRESSIVE POLISH (as needed)
  • MODERATE POLISH (as needed)
  • FINISHING POLISH
  • SEALANT
  • GLAZE
  • WAX

Those 2 options in red are protective... you need to do at least 1 of them. The blue is an enhancement. It can't be used alone as it doesn't protect, its purely optional.

That last step is where you have a choice to make... Buttery and Americana are both waxes... you wouldn't use both. So its one or the other, but (using yet another food analogy here) why eat hamburger (buttery wax) when you've got a t-bone steak (americana) too?

Buttery is a great quick wax... after I've applied MSS to my wheels I'll regularly apply a touchup coat of Buttery over the top. Also my wifes ride gets buttery waxed all the time since I want to save to primo stuff for my truck.

They both have their place, just not in the same application.

Also my wifes ride gets buttery waxed all the time since I want to save the primo stuff for my truck.

Hahaha... I use MSS on everything... At least one coat and then top from there... My wifes sits out 24/7 because we only have a two car garage, so the more coats of MSS the better for it. We're up to three over a months time... ;)

My truck has a coat of MSS and a coat of APW and my car has a coat of MSS and needs another and then BG and APW. The black really benefits from the BG IMO.

Buttery and BG both have some fillers in them... So any spots you may have missed or say you corrected 2 months ago and it's not perfect, they will help hide.

Chris

Hahaha... I use MSS on everything... At least one coat and then top from there... My wifes sits out 24/7 because we only have a two car garage, so the more coats of MSS the better for it. We're up to three over a months time... ;)

My truck has a coat of MSS and a coat of APW and my car has a coat of MSS and needs another and then BG and APW. The black really benefits from the BG IMO.

Buttery and BG both have some fillers in them... So any spots you may have missed or say you corrected 2 months ago and it's not perfect, they will help hide.

Chris

3 coats in a month? Why so often?

Yeah, I will probably do the same with my black car then and see how it turns out. MSS + BG + APW

I will pay particular attention after applying MSS and BG. If I see a huge change after BG then I will keep going that route. If not, I will just stick with APW.

If I were to apply all three, is it likely I would need to redo all three in "X" amount of time or would I just reapply whatever was the last coat? In this situation, the last coat would be APW.

3 coats in a month? Why so often?

Yeah, I will probably do the same with my black car then and see how it turns out. MSS + BG + APW

I will pay particular attention after applying MSS and BG. If I see a huge change after BG then I will keep going that route. If not, I will just stick with APW.

If I were to apply all three, is it likely I would need to redo all three in "X" amount of time or would I just reapply whatever was the last coat? In this situation, the last coat would be APW.

I did two back to back (12 hours apart) and then waited to do the third till last night. It sits out 24/7 365. Was it necessary? Nah... Does it add more protection? SURE DOES!:banana:

As you go along, do the paint check with a baggie after the washes and see if it needs clayed. If it does, then you need to start from scratch where ever you clay. If it doesn't need clayed, just keep layering. You CAN wax too often too so be careful. On my DD, I can get away with a coat of APW twice a month and see NO issues.

Chris

Yeah, I guess I wouldn't fall into that then. Mine will only be outside when I am at work so 40 hours a week. The rest of the time it will be in a closed garage or actually driving when we go out.

I was hoping to get away with waxing every 6 months. I guess I will see based on the plastic bag.

You CAN wax every six months... That's YOUR decision. Don't be fooled by these waxes that claim one application lasts 6 months +. Sure... If it's a garage queen! lol

My DD sits inside at night as well. I still like two coats of MSS and then BG and Americana. I'm anal like that though. I like my SUPER protection...

Chris

. My wifes sits out 24/7 because we only have a two car garage,

You have more than one wife and you make them sit outside ???? You could get arrested for that in the civilized world :lol::lol::lol:

I was hoping to get away with waxing every 6 months. I guess I will see based on the plastic bag.

The baggie test will only tell you when you are ready to clay not when you should wax :2thumbs:

Archived