Customer Service 866.965.0400

Did the whole process(now what)?

valente

Question

Ok.i did the clay-SSR-SHR-FMP-MSW and the BG and the Americana.how long do i have to wait to do it again.or what can i do to keep it shinny.can i just use the BG and Americana after a couple of weeks or do i have to wait to do the hole process again.thanks

17 answers to this question

thanks peoples,im going to do the wash and the bag test,if all good,i will add some BG and see if i like the results.if not then i will do the BG and Americana.thanks again

Remember BG only lasts for a few washes, and maybe a month if you put Americana over it. I think what Chewy was saying is apply BG & Americana monthly to keep your car looking great.

About twice each year (normally spring and fall), you will need to remove all the protection with a Dawn wash, and reapply the MSS and anything else you want to put on top of it. If the paint has been well cared for, a round of FMP may be all that is needed to shine it back up.

There no set schedule when to reapply - everyone's car, environment, and marring acceptance level is different, so it's up to you how often you do your corrections and protection application.

If you have MSS (MSW) applied you can't go by the water beading as a guide for when to reapply wax, it lasts forever and water will bead very well for at least two years, ask me how I know... :o

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12597

After 25 months my TBSS would still bead water very well, no doubt from the 2 coats of MSS I applied then. I would not recommend going that long obviously, the picture of my clay is a prime reason why, but just pointing out that water beading isn't a completely accurate judge of wax life/protection.

Twice a year like others have mentioned is definitely the way to go.

Twice a year for MSS..yes. I agree. But I think he was asking about BG and Americana. I put MSS down in the Spring and late Fall like most but I put BG /Americana in some combination throughout the summer. My indicator..for me..is how the sheet rinse goes.

When you wash the car, see if the water is still beading up nice while rinsing. If it is your Americana is holding up just fine. You can also just throw a coat of BG on after a wash if the beading is fine but you want it to gloss a bit more than it was/is. You don't always have to put BG on then Americana.

If you have MSS (MSW) applied you can't go by the water beading as a guide for when to reapply wax, it lasts forever and water will bead very well for at least two years, ask me how I know... :o

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12597

After 25 months my TBSS would still bead water very well, no doubt from the 2 coats of MSS I applied then. I would not recommend going that long obviously, the picture of my clay is a prime reason why, but just pointing out that water beading isn't a completely accurate judge of wax life/protection.

Twice a year like others have mentioned is definitely the way to go.

Not sure if those are cleared or not but easiest way to find out is to put some MP1 on a applicator or MF towel and rub it on. If it starts turning black then they're straight chrome and you're good to go. If you dont see any black come off onto the applicator then they're most likely clear coated and can be treated like your paint...cleaned and put a coat of MSS on them.

On a side note I just looked on the Dodge site they say they're 18" Aluminum wheels but the gas cap is chrome. My guess is those are cleared over.

ok i washed it and i just used the BG.i was going to use the Americana to but after the BG i was sweating like a dog so i will do that another day.here is the pic.

mios035.jpg

does any body know if i can use the MP 1-2 on these rims

ok so i need to add both the BG and the Americana after a few washes,not just the BG.i will post some pics later when im done.thanks

Keep an eye on how the car looks over time and after washes. There is not actual hard and fast do this after x days then that type of formula.

When you wash the car, see if the water is still beading up nice while rinsing. If it is your Americana is holding up just fine. You can also just throw a coat of BG on after a wash if the beading is fine but you want it to gloss a bit more than it was/is. You don't always have to put BG on then Americana.

It's really just interpretive on how the car is looking at the time. If you took a long road trip or it rained a lot for a few days or week then you'd be more apt to give it a good wash and put new wax on it (again only if needed). But if its dry and you're only washing once a week your Americana will probably hold up a couple months.

Don't get too wrapped up in over analyzing it all. You'll start to get a good feel for when and what to use for sure. The car will tell ya when and what it needs.:thumbsup:

Remember BG only lasts for a few washes, and maybe a month if you put Americana over it. I think what Chewy was saying is apply BG & Americana monthly to keep your car looking great.

ok so i need to add both the BG and the Americana after a few washes,not just the BG.i will post some pics later when im done.thanks

You just went through a full paint correction, polish and wax. This should only be needed once, twice per year typically Spring and Fall. Using a good wash technique and monthly wax should suffice, but it's therapy for some of us OCD type, and can be done more if you see swirls appearing again. I like to use DS after washes.

Other than this, sit back and enjoy the shine...:thumbsup:

it is my DD.so when you say wax it monthly,you mean use the MSW-BG and Americana or just the Americana

Nope! MSS (formerly MSW) ONLY goes on bare paint or itself after a 12 hour curing period. Americana monthly to keep the protection there.

When clean, grab a thin plastic bag and put your hand in it. Rub it on the paint. If it feels like you're reading brail, the car may need clayed. Keep in mind that not all the car may need clayed so check multiple areas.

Once you clay, ALL your wax/sealants are gone so start over. MSS, BG, Americana...

Chris

If you have the paint swirl and micro scratch free, or acceptable to you, be sure not to use any cheap microfiber towels on it. There are lots of lousy mf products out there that will mark up all that hard work you put in.

I use ONLY Adams double soft or single soft on my paint. Turning and folding often to keep the dirty portion off my paint. This is for the removal of DS or any wax. When I DS my vette I always go through 2 doublesoft towels, one for the upper portion and another for the lower.

I use only GW drying to clean up after a wash that is after I blow dry it with the Master Blaster. I use the GW very little, thats just me.

I use the Waterlesh Wash towel often mostly after spraying with Waterless Wash for bug removal.

You have the hard part done...I hope this provides some insight on how to keep it that way.

Take SUPER DUPER care of the paint, using all the Adams MF and washing procedures, park away from morons and DO NOT touch the paint when dirty. If it's a DD, you can wax it monthly. You can put BG on about as much as you want. It doesn't last long and isn't meant to.

Chris

it is my DD.so when you say wax it monthly,you mean use the MSW-BG and Americana or just the Americana

Take SUPER DUPER care of the paint, using all the Adams MF and washing procedures, park away from morons and DO NOT touch the paint when dirty. If it's a DD, you can wax it monthly. You can put BG on about as much as you want. It doesn't last long and isn't meant to.

When drying after a wash, use either DS or WCW to insulate the paint from the towel and any dirt that's fallen from the air a bit more. DS will leave a deeper shine than WCW.

Chris

Archived