Customer Service 866.965.0400

Eventful Weekend So Far

MAYBEN

Well, yesterday was eventful.. I found a 'great' deal on craigslist for two iPhones.. so I drove to Elizabeth since the guy/kid 'doesnt drive'

anyways, we get to the Stop n Shop since he agreed to meet in a public place and we're waiting.. then he tells me to meet him at the train station, I said no, keep to orig plan, then says "Well its raining, the furthest I'll walk is the train station, or you can come right to my house" (Stop n Shop is right across the street)

So it seemed even more shady, so I held in a little longer and went over to the train lot and was near the entrance with the Edge in D and ready to fly if need be.. so he calls and says he's there, towards the actual track area so I drive back there since he's alone.. then he calls his "mom" and speaks spanish and then says 'you got the cash right?' which I did, but responded that I would get it from the BofA across from S&S, of which he said '$XXX right?' and I said 'no, we agreed on $YYY' so he said ok and that his mom is on the way with them.. I asked why he didnt have them on him and why he wasted so much time, he said his mom didnt trust him with the phones.. then all of the sudden, I see a shady looking guy coming down the ramp of the track (no train came in) and started coming our way kinda sneaky and the kid started getting closer and closer, so I said "I'm good" and hit the pedal on the right.. now that may have been a coincidence, but, I wasnt taking any chance..

to top the night off, we left there and continued our way down the shore for the weekend.. My Wife's family has a Shore House from the Grandmother.. my Wife's cousin, her husband, new born (2mth), and Akita/Husky (14 mth) have been living there since their house burned down in November.. still in the process of building a new one..

anyways, we finally get down there and we go to take Bandit out in the back to A: Pee and B: meet Sinatra.. so while Bandit is sniffing around, Sinatra comes over and starts sniffing, then starts growling a little and then putting his head on Bandits to try and dominate.. then tried mounting him, so I said get off.. the as Bandit is about to start peeing, that DB came over and attacked him, I have never heard Bandit scream like that, I immediately ripped off Sinatra, in which I felt his teeth on my arm and then he bit my thigh, tore right through my jeans and I pinned him in the corner.. then my cuz-in-law's husband came to grab him (meanwhile the a-hole dog didnt even have a collar on)

so I grabbed Bandit and brought him in house.. so the husband thought maybe we should take them both for a walk and meet on the road, I said thats probly a bad idea, but we shall see.. then he randomly comes in without notice (did have leash and spike/pinch collar) and IMMEDIATELY the DB went after Bandit.. I yelled get him out of here..

shortly after we started our way back home, a day early.. craziness.. we stopped at Rita's to try the new Cantaloupe flavor..

when we got home, I noticed the pool was running crappy (has been for the last week, but worse today)

so I took off the top of the filter, looked at the fingers, and there was a lot of DE caked in there that was pretty solid.. the company that opened it, didnt do it properly (or didnt close it properly) either way, we cleaned it out, and luckily I had just enough DE to re-fill since the pool store we usually go to closed at 4 since its Saturday..

anyways, its running like a champ right now, lets hope that continues..

sorry for the long post, but a lot has happened in the last two days..

yeah IDK what I was thinking.. everything seemed too good to be true with it.. I shouldnt have put my Wife and Bandit in danger like that.. I have felt horrible since..

I was skeptical from the start based on pricing.. but he did provide me with an ESN since I wanted to check if it was on a stolen list, which he probably grabbed off of an ebay listing..

oh well, at least I was prepared to leave at the drop of a dime..

Craigslist has alotta good deals but u gotta be smart about it... if its too good to be true it probably is... weve bought and sold alota streetbikes on there and you can tell when someone is sketchy

in fact my buddy just sold his the other day ... listed it and sold it all within 15 hrs

generally meeting at a mutual place with a friend with you is a good idea

My cousin got robbed from a craigslist deal. He was paying a dude 400 bucks when the dude's friend came out of nowhere, snatched the money out of his hands, and took off running. My cousin called me, seeing as how he couldn't tell his parents because he didn't exactly get the 400 dollars in a legit way. I can't really tell you guys much else of the story, but I can tell you that we got the money back, and got a microwave for our troubles.

Anyways, never trust a craigslist deal. They are practically all scams. Some turn out to be dangerous as well. Be careful out there guys.

Archived