Customer Service 866.965.0400

Outdoor Detailing

Nordgrey

Well, it seems that the weather has finally turned here. April and it's showers lasted a full three months this year!

As someone without a garage, it was driving me slightly bonkers to get at the car and correct last winter's effects.

I wound up having to go at it piece meal and get what I could when the sun shone! I don't deal well with heat or the sun (used more sun block than I did BG!) so I only lasted about three hours each day. Four days over the last couple weeks finally saw the Coupe done.

So, if anyone wonders if outdoor detailing can be done? Sure thing, but you really need to enjoy washing the car. A lot! LOL

So, here are some befores and bunch of afters. I also got to play with the new camera and lenses!

And yeah, I missed the tail pipes. :banned:

A winter's worth of engine bay.

DSC_0129.jpg

Winter Swirls?

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

A before almost Dylan shot...LOL

DSC_0143.jpg

And the afters! I used Photoshop Elements to remove some powerlines and poles etc, but nothing on the car itself except the plate.

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

EDIT!!! Forgot the "after" Dylan shot...LOL

DSC_0190.jpg

And now some pics playing with the camera and cropping in PSE9. :jester:

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

Anyone with a SLR ever wonder if a polarizer is worth it? Same shot, shutter speed, F stop, ISO on a tripod. First without the polarizer, then with.

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

Looks good Jim. It seems you're figuring out the camera too.

Thanks Len. The store I bought the camera from has classes covering just about everything. I took the Nikon DSLR courses to help get by the frustration! As a side benifit it appears that guys have an aversion to these courses. So far it is me and five women each class. Almost like going back 30 years to typing class in high school. :jester:

Nice job Jim!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Chris!

Nice cleanup Jim!

I wound up having to go at it piece meal and get what I could when the sun shone! I don't deal well with heat or the sun (used more sun block than I did BG!) so I only lasted about three hours each day.

What a girly-man!:lolsmack: You would melt down here, but I could not handle your winters - I never go more the 2 days without wearing shorts!

Archived