Customer Service 866.965.0400

Droid help

ExpressThis13

Well I recently got a lg optimus from us and am trying to set up my email so I can recieve notifications from here and a few other places instead of signing in on my comp all the time. I had to set up a gmail account but it didnt work when I tried to set this up for it. Any one help me out plus whats some good apps to download.

should be as easy as setting up outlook on a pc. all you need is the smtp server, pop server and your regular email account info. what is your email account normally through that your pc receives? Also most of the smtp and pop server info is easily googled for the correct info? i work for an isp so i'm willing to add my 2cents to the bucket just need some info on where you are seeing the issue in setup and your email company used

agreed. even worse is trying to figure out who's responsible/supplying the static ip for the networking at a business when no one knows even the "it guy" whats up.3 hrs today spent just to finally set the router settings myself(not supposed to be my prob, i dont make that cash):banana:

No help from me. I can't even set up my voice mail!!!!!! Darn Droids! 15 different passwords for account, email, etc. My biggest gripe is the password crap. I have so many passwords, I can't remember my name anymore.

I use Keeper! It "keeps" all my passwords on my phone. :2thumbs:

Setup is pretty easy Eric. My wife has the Desire from US. Just FYI, US WILL set it up for you. At least the one near Home Depot will.

Best bet IMO is to get a gmail account. Pretty much have to to use the phone to it's intended purpose. Makes it fun when using them in a corporate atmosphere where you want to control the phone and what's downloaded to it. :(

Chris

Set-up your Gmail account. Log into Gmail from a PC and go into the mail settings. Click the tab/link that says "Accounts and Import." Go down to the "Check mail using POP3" section and click "Add POP3 email address." Follow the steps and you should be good to go.

Alternative is to download K9 mail from the market and set that up for your other email accounts.

I use Keeper! It "keeps" all my passwords on my phone. :2thumbs:

Setup is pretty easy Eric. My wife has the Desire from US. Just FYI, US WILL set it up for you. At least the one near Home Depot will.

Best bet IMO is to get a gmail account. Pretty much have to to use the phone to it's intended purpose. Makes it fun when using them in a corporate atmosphere where you want to control the phone and what's downloaded to it. :(

Chris

Yeah thanks guys I got my gmail account when I got the phone but when I tried to use it for adams I could not recieve a notification email to change it so I set up a new yahoo account and used that now I get all my notifications from here! And yes to J tegler it is from us cellular the lg optimus u just bought it a couple weeks ago. All is good now but what are some good apps. I still gotta get tapatalk yet. and of course I got angry birds

Yeah thanks guys I got my gmail account when I got the phone but when I tried to use it for adams I could not recieve a notification email to change it so I set up a new yahoo account and used that now I get all my notifications from here! And yes to J tegler it is from us cellular the lg optimus u just bought it a couple weeks ago. All is good now but what are some good apps. I still gotta get tapatalk yet. and of course I got angry birds

There are a TON!

A few off the top of my head. In no particular order...

AppBrain - Backs up all your apps

QuickPic - Instead of the stock gallery app

Mint - Links to Mint.com if you use that

Angry Birds - addictive!

Radar Now - GPS linked weather radar

Amazon Kindle app - eBook reader right on your phone

Google SkyMap - GPC linked sky map. Really cool app IMHO.

Lookout - Mobile phone security and locator app

Magnify - turns your phone/camera into magnifying glass.

Maybe for iPhone... :)

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/

Best thing you can do for your phone? Root it and remove the bloatware.

I have a rooted Droid Incredible with Verizon and at this time there is not a phone out there that I would trade it for.

Nah... iPhone doesn't allow multi-tasked apps to continue pulling power when not needed.

If my wife doesn't continually kill apps like FB and google chat and such, her battery bombs. We have some 40 Desires here at work and all with the app killer. The only people that complain about their battery life are the ones not religiously using the app killer.

Archived