Customer Service 866.965.0400

New americana bags.

Guest Jay.

This has happened before. And we wonder why the good old USA is going downhill so very fast. Adams does not make these bags, instead deals with an outside vendor. The vendor sells Adams the goods to start, everything is going fine and then slips in a change to reduce the cost of manufacturing to pad the manufacturers profit margin. But heh! The bag is still black and says Adam's on the decal. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these new bags were not even made here in the USA. This happened on the foam guns. Adam will make it right. Have no fear. Stay tuned.

So since the picture on the website is now updated, I'm assuming these weren't rogue bags?

446.jpg

That image was updated awhile ago, we actually had a bunch of products photographed for our upcoming catalog. Stuff like the MSS and a lot of bottles needed fresh images for print so we used them on the site too.

Had you refreshed your browser? Same thing happens in the daily special thread all the time when people don't refresh and they see the old image.

That image was updated awhile ago, we actually had a bunch of products photographed for our upcoming catalog. Stuff like the MSS and a lot of bottles needed fresh images for print so we used them on the site too.

Had you refreshed your browser? Same thing happens in the daily special thread all the time when people don't refresh and they see the old image.

When I bought mine over a month ago it was still showing the picture of the original bag. I just noticed today because of the daily special that there was a new picture. I don't remember specifically refreshing the browser that day but I'm pretty sure I've emptied the cache more than a few times between June and last December when the original bags were last available. Not sure why the old picture would've still been on my computer. :confused:

I ordered it the first day they came out, during the Father's Day sale, because I knew how fast the first batch went. I assumed "the Americana Bags are back" meant they were the same as the first one I bought which was why I was so quick to one pick up. They were a top notch bag. I'm not saying the new bag is bad, as I'm sure it's better than most of the other bags out there, and being made in the US is a big plus. I'm just not sure why the design was changed, other than if the original manufacturer was no longer able to make them and Bags USA was the only US-made option for something similar. I know Adam's is always about improving their products, so I was surprised to see the quality of something take a step in the opposite direction.

The bag without the side pockets and the bigger "made in usa" on the top right is the one that we don't like as much as the other.

It's not as stable. Putting items in the elastic is almost impossible because the walls fold down on you as you are working the bottle in. If you only put stuff on the side walls and not in the middle ...it folds up while you are carrying it. It's not sturdy at all and I love the fact it's made in USA but I want the old design back.

Edit. Adding the picture of the bag that is the less sturdy one.

446.jpg

So the bag without side pockets IS the new bag and these weren't just rogue bags? I don't see a firm yes or no from Dylan after Len asked.:hi:

I'm pretty sure all the new bags are the new pocketless style. I can't say that I'm 110% happy with the new bag, especially since I thought I was buying one identical to my first one, but since the original style isn't available, and doesn't seem like it will be again, I guess having the inferior bag is better than no bag at all.

I'm pretty sure all the new bags are the new pocketless style. I can't say that I'm 110% happy with the new bag, especially since I thought I was buying one identical to my first one, but since the original style isn't available, and doesn't seem like it will be again, I guess having the inferior bag is better than no bag at all.

:( The 1/2" thick sidewalls had me sold.... Darn. But like you mentioned I need a bag regardless.

Archived