Customer Service 866.965.0400

New americana bags.

Guest Jay.

Hey, so I received my new americana bag today and I noticed its constructed a lot differently then the previous bag I purchased. The new one seems to be much more flimsy and and soft, with not as much padding on the front and back of the bag. Makes its hard to put bottles in the outer 4 corners and difficult to put bottles in when the bag is totally empty when rearranging for neatness. Also the elastic straps are much looser then the previous bag allowing for the bottles to fold into the center. I'm not really a complainer and i have never really had anything to even note about so far with adams and I've have ordered quite a lot of product. And I just wanted to know what's up with the changes. Different manufacter of the bags this go around?

Hey fellow shine freak, I am assuming you are talkng about the new detailing bag? Although I have one I have not had the chance to put it to use yet. So I can't speak to the particulars you mention.

I can say this, Adam does absolutely everything he can to put out excellent products. As we all know, it just is not possible to please everyone all the time. Understandable.

In the event you are displeased enough, take advantage of their 110% guarantee. They will take care of you.

I have only the newer Americana bag and it's great! I've put both my PC and my Flex in it at the same time along with some bottles and it seems to take it all in stride.

Chris

I have the new bag and LOVE it! Holds enough stuff to move from the house to the Truck for a full day's worth of detailing including my PC and Flex. I found it to be made very well, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jay.

Did you buy a bad directly from us or one of the older bags from a distributor?

What you're describing more closely resembles the bags we had a few years ago, not the most recent one.

That's what I was thinking. I say that because I have packed many a new bag into boxes for shipping, and every time, I marvel at how much nicer this batch is than the last.

Mook

Jay.

What you're describing more closely resembles the bags we had a few years ago, not the most recent one.

Can we exchange it for him Dylan?

I got a bag from a vendor a few weeks ago ...not something I paid for but its very flimsy and very difficult to out in the products. This one does not have the side pockets like the one I bought myself. It's about half the thickness of mine and it dies have the bottom. Since I got it as a gift I didn't want to say anything but it could be that there is a new batch that is not up to Adam standards.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

After seeing this thread I decided to go load up my bag and see for myself. I go that baby loaded. I just don't see the issues you are describing.

Is it possible for you to post some pics so we can see exactly what bag you have and the issues you are having??

Hey guys, terribly sorry for the long wait. I had to attend a wedding out of the city and totally forgot i posted about my issue with this bag.

The new bags are much better than the old bags. These have more "lining wall" in them, so they are more sturdy. Do you have the bottom in yours?

This is the lining that i spoke about being much thinner then last time i order the bag, give or take 7 or 8 months ago when adam last had them available for a limited time. Also i do have the bottom in mine.

Jay.

Once again, sorry for not respond quickly to your pm dylan, i appreaciate the quick response you had for my situation.

For your question, yes i ordered directly form adams, along with a bunch of other products i needed. I'm not sure of the bags a few years ago as the only bag i've bought is the one from the previous month. And its excellent.

I got a bag from a vendor a few weeks ago ...not something I paid for but its very flimsy and very difficult to out in the products. This one does not have the side pockets like the one I bought myself. It's about half the thickness of mine and it dies have the bottom. Since I got it as a gift I didn't want to say anything but it could be that there is a new batch that is not up to Adam standards.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

This seems to be my issue, the bag seems weak, and does not really stay up under its own weight when its empty like the previous bag. the lining seems likes a soft material and not a hard foam like the previous bag so it stands up quit well, and i also do not have any pockets on the side, which i forgot to mention, because i like keeping my extra caps and toothbrushes in those.

Pictures really would help.

Does it look like this ???

BagDimensions.jpg

That is the previous bag i purchased, in which i thought these were identical or better...................also a note if you look at this picture, to the upper right of the adams logo just bellow the zipper, mine says U.S.A Made, on a little tag sowed to the bag.

Is this the "Red an Black" one you were talking about?

IMG_5763.jpg

This one is smaller than the new ones, but it is a little stiffer on the sides.

my bag is not this one, and it is not red................is this the bag from a few years ago ppl are mentioning?

Once again, thank you everyone for your input, and sorry for my delayed responses.

This seems to be my issue, the bag seems weak, and does not really stay up under its own weight when its empty like the previous bag. the lining seems likes a soft material and not a hard foam like the previous bag so it stands up quit well, and i also do not have any pockets on the side, which i forgot to mention, because i like keeping my extra caps and toothbrushes in those.

Maybe a rogue bag that was mixed in or something... especially if it doesn't have the pocket on the side. Give us a call so we can exchange in out for you Jay. As I always say, what good is a 110% guarantee if you don't use it?

Well then I must have gotten one of those rogue bags too. I hadn't gotten around to using my new one yet but this thread made go check to make the comparison, and here's what I found. The bag on the left was the first one I bought on 12/15/10 and the bag on the right was purchased 6/17/11, both directly from Adam's. At first glance they look pretty similar, but you'll notice the new bag doesn't have the side pockets.

DSC_0222.jpg

Here's a view that better shows the ends and lack of pocket.

DSC_0221.jpg

Once the top is opened, the new bag tends to collapse on itself, while the original one holds it's shape nicely.

DSC_0223.jpg

I don't know how much difference it makes, but the new bag also has smaller clips for the shoulder strap.

Original:

DSC_0226.jpg

New:

DSC_0227.jpg

The sidewalls of the new bag are definitely thinner. These are just rough measurements because it's hard to measure the thickness of something that squishes, but the difference is still noticeably significant. The original bag is greater than 1/2" thick while the new one is less than 3/8".

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

To test the straps that hold the bottles inside, I held the original bag upside down above my head and the bottles held fine (it was hard to take this pic with the camera in one hand and the bag above me in the other.)

DSC_0236.jpg

I wasn't able to get a picture of the new bag doing this because the bottles usually slipped out long before I could get the bag upside down.

In my case I just bought it to have a backup bag, so it's not really worth the hassle of sending it back. Also, you may want to check that it's not more than just two rogue bags. It almost seems like they completely re-spec'd the materials used, almost like the glue in your lug nut brushes.

Well then I must have gotten one of those rogue bags too. I hadn't gotten around to using my new one yet but this thread made go check to make the comparison, and here's what I found. The bag on the left was the first one I bought on 12/15/10 and the bag on the right was purchased 6/17/11, both directly from Adam's. At first glance they look pretty similar, but you'll notice the new bag doesn't have the side pockets.

Here's a view that better shows the ends and lack of pocket.

Once the top is opened, the new bag tends to collapse on itself, while the original one holds it's shape nicely.

I don't know how much difference it makes, but the new bag also has smaller clips for the shoulder strap.

Original:

New:

The sidewalls of the new bag are definitely thinner. These are just rough measurements because it's hard to measure the thickness of something that squishes, but the difference is still noticeably significant. The original bag is greater than 1/2" thick while the new one is less than 3/8".

To test the straps that hold the bottles inside, I held the original bag upside down above my head and the bottles held fine (it was hard to take this pic with the camera in one hand and the bag above me in the other.)

I wasn't able to get a picture of the new bag doing this because the bottles usually slipped out long before I could get the bag upside down.

In my case I just bought it to have a backup bag, so it's not really worth the hassle of sending it back. Also, you may want to check that it's not more than just two rogue bags. It almost seems like they completely re-spec'd the materials used, almost like the glue in your lug nut brushes.

Wow len, those are awesome pics, I was going to take some with my camera today its charging at home right now............you basically nailed it on the head with your comparisons, on the strength of the side of the bag, and the less padding on the front and back, and how the bag fold in on its self under its own wait.

Thanks a lot!

P.s...........I will follow up with a phone call dylan, thanks a lot for your help, and everyone who chimed in on this topic.

i got the one on the right, no need to send it in if this is what the new batch of bags look like... has the mystery been solved Dylan?

i want my bag, i dont want to be without a bag period lol... but if adams wasnt aware of this change and wants to pull a recall on the bags thats a different story.

Archived