Customer Service 866.965.0400

in and out spray on a motorcycle

wils5150

Question

10 answers to this question

I would not put any product on the motor that does not come off, like Adams metal polish.It goes on, cleans metal and is wiped off.

I and O is designed to stay on the surface.

I am not familiar with exactly what a black wrinkle coating is tho. Does it retain heat?

I have only used the In and Out spray on my hoses and black brake lines, plastic fender, etc on my Harley. I did not spray the engine itself. Made the radiator hoses on my V-Rod look brand new. You could try a small area and then run the bike to see how it reacts. Personally, I think you are ok using it on the motor, but I'd try a small area first. I'm sure others can chime in here too.

I would skip the InO and go for the Quick Sealant if anything, I'd also make sure I gave it several hours before I started it..and would mask off any electrical components that may be exposed as well...never done this to my 78' but I tend to think that a high temp coating are as much "flash" as my motor is gonna get. Let us know what you decide to try and how it works! I'm interested :lurk:

on the Harleys i did last summer i used the I&O on the black wrinkle paint of the motor and it made it a deeper black and had no negative effects on anything

That is was I was hoping to hear!

Too bad that is one (of the very few) Adams products I don't have. I'll have to pick some up with my next order.

As far as quick sealant, isn't it for gloss finishes?(this is flat black)

Opinions on SVRT?

Thanks

As far as quick sealant, isn't it for gloss finishes?(this is flat black)

Opinions on SVRT?

Thanks

Quick Sealant has been used on flat finishes as well :banana: seen and used in person hands on and doesn't "gloss up" the flat very much if at all imo..I suggested the quick sealant based on longevity alone, as it would SEEM to last longer..but then you're talking about applying something to a very hot motor so I'm unsure if anything that's not designed to withstand high heat will last a great deal of time. That said why not try both and see whats best/your preference. As I said I've never tried either on my bikes motor. Test some products out and see what you like. :2thumbs:

Archived