Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirls in interior fake wood

srthemi

Question

Everyone I'm sure knows what I'm talking about when I say fake wood interioer. My father in-law has that in his buick and it has swirls in it and I was wondering if anyone knows how or if it can be fixed.

Greg.

10 answers to this question

Always start with the least abrasive polish first. So you might try a dab of Fine machine polish or Swirl and Haze Remover on one of the hex applicators, or if you have the 4" focus pads and a drill or PC, that should work pretty well unless you can't fit the power tools in spots you need to, then its time for a little elbo grease. Then follow up with buttery wax or americana to protect it. I used this method in my gf's Sienna van with the fake wood trim and it worked pretty well. You also may want to tape off around the trim pieces when you do this to protect the dash from getting polish on it. I'm sure others will chime in here too, but that is what worked for me in our van.

Always start with the least abrasive polish first. So you might try a dab of Fine machine polish or Swirl and Haze Remover on one of the hex applicators, or if you have the 4" focus pads and a drill or PC, that should work pretty well unless you can't fit the power tools in spots you need to, then its time for a little elbo grease. Then follow up with buttery wax or americana to protect it. I used this method in my gf's Sienna van with the fake wood trim and it worked pretty well. You also may want to tape off around the trim pieces when you do this to protect the dash from getting polish on it. I'm sure others will chime in here too, but that is what worked for me in our van.

Thanks Kyle for the info. I'll have to try that.

I will try to post pics but that would be a first for me, so I don't know how well that will work. Also as I mentioned it's my father-inlaws car, he might not let me do it. I was getting info from all of you to see if it could be done and what to use. I feel alot better about doing it now. Everyone on this site are great people for taking time to give out info. Thanks. Greg.

You can mix a couple drops of FMP and RP to use by hand on a MF applicator. Tape off the area around it and clean it right up :2thumbs:

And as already mentioned, a little BG to make it shine after :rockon:

Archived