Customer Service 866.965.0400

SVRT problem, operator error???

BrianT

Question

I finally detailed my truck, I put SVRT on the soft bed cover at 9:00 at night wiped off the excess with a MF towel. The next day the truck stayed in garage for a MSS wipe down and an application of Americana. The following day it went back outside so the Firebird could go back in. Well of course later in the afternoon it rain and the SVRT ran down the side of my rear fenders.:help: I went out and did a DS wipe down but it rained again at work on Mon. and the SVRT ran again. The truck looks great, but I have more streaking.

Where did I go wrong???:help:

22 answers to this question

I use In n Out Spray for the harder vinyls....

BrianT, try out Mike's method...one of two things will happen....

1. It will work swimmingly.

2. Like Dylan said, it may have some coating on it that will not allow the SVRT to set up.

Mook

I've had that problem before. What I do to prevent it.... Put it on in the shade, let it bake on in the sun and then the next day wipe it down two times with a double soft. Usually does a good job of preventing it.

Truck has been out in the rain since the first post and the SVRT no longer runs. I now know that it is/was operator error and I put too much on, the cover is still super black. I tried a corner of the bed as a test spot and I realized I

1. Put way too much on. ( I was in love with the new black look)

2. Did not wipe enough with MF towel. ( again not wanting to wipe off the nice black look)

The mirrors and black plastic bumper trim still run, but they are hard plastic and again I put too much on. I think I was thinking that the bed cover would "soak" up all the extra SVRT. This is me...:loser:

I've had the same problem from the mirrors on my Ram. The rubber trim around the windows and the Rambox tops I've had no problems at all. I talked to Steven in Atlanta about it and we decided that the hard vinyl around the mirrors just doesn't soak it up the way other materials do.

Always a possibility too... there are some materials out there that for one reason or another it simply won't hold onto.

I've used SVRT on my black soft bed cover with no issue.

Procedure was:

Wash

APC and scrub with fender brush

Rinse

Dry

Apply SVRT with foam block THINNLY

Then knock id down again with another side of the foam block.

No running on my white Colorado.

I'll give that process a shot!!

I've used SVRT on my black soft bed cover with no issue.

Procedure was:

Wash

APC and scrub with fender brush

Rinse

Dry

Apply SVRT with foam block THINNLY

Then knock id down again with another side of the foam block.

No running on my white Colorado.

Hmmm... without knowing the material specifically its hard to say... some bedcovers do come pre-treated with a UV/fade resistant coating in which case the SVRT probably wouldn't work well on it.

Cover was brought in 03 and only dressed like 5 times in it's life.

I'm out of the loop on truck covers, however my last truck had an Extang Tonneau Cover and I remember the instructions saying not to put any type of vinyl dressing on it.

-EB

Mine is from Sportsmasters and they said to use 303...

Archived