Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help! FMP leaving a haze

LQ9SS

Question

25 answers to this question

Nobody said NO pressure, lighter pressure than a PC.

Lets start from the begining:

What are you polishing ?

What pad/product did you start with.

How humid is it ?

1994 corvette black

Started with SHR/orange

57% humidity

- I had the same problem with my truck 2 months ago. I never have had luck with FMP.

Did a detail this weekend and really got the hang of the FMP, it worked wonderful.

-Little pressure

-Less product (I really was using way to much)

-Speed 5

-Also, utilize the detail spray to "wake" the polish up instead of adding more polish in some areas.

Oh yeah, and I didn't have to use a chizzle to remove it.

It took a couple panels to get the hang of the amount of product but I figured it out.

Thanks for you help guys!

...Do you have a vid using the flex with FMP?

The video that you saw of me working with the Flex IS THAT VIDEO! It doesn't matter which polish I'm using, my technique never changes concerning how I use the Flex. It is only different when compared to how I use the PC. I work SSR just as I do SHR. I work SHR just as I do FMP. There is no difference in my technique when moving from any polish to any polish.

You can't "read" on how to do this, you have to be shown. That's why I made my videos. Some things you can write down but people interpret what they read differently. Everyone sees the same video. In the videos, I explain in detail WHY what you are doing will lead to failure. I stop, get into frame and go into a detailed explanation. The fact that you are making this mistake tells me that you either skipped through that video series or you didn't watch it. There's no way that you could have missed that part because I was very detailed with my explanation.

You need to stop and go back and watch me use the Flex. You need to watch that series more than ONCE. No one ever catches everything the first time through but you have missed quite a bit. It also sounds as if you are not working with enough light if the polish disappears and you can't see it anymore. It's not supposed to stay white while you're working with it, it is supposed to get clear and look like Vaseline.

Remember this. There are video after video posted on this forum along with a ton of pictures that show what these products will do. It is not a question of if they work, it is now a question of if YOU can use them. Some people who have terrible polishing technique have to get the strongest polishes known to King Kong in order to remove damage from their paint. Others with a solid technique can pick up a bottle of anything and get results. It's like the guy who has to buy every expensive toy there is to catch a woman, while another guy catches public transportation, lives with his mom and seems to have all the ladies.

You can bet that they both have drastically different techniques on how they approach the ladies. Technique trumps product every day of the week. If you have truly watched my videos, this is going to be very evident to you.

Way too much!

That's definitely NOT my technique. I didn't do any videos using the Flex on a speed of 6. Who's technique are you using? FMP is the easiest of all the polishes to apply and work.

Glad I posted that pic! Wasn't using a certain technique, just going by the information that I read on the forum. I guess I miss lead myself on some of the procedures of the flex. Some say this, some say that. Had a hard time figuring it out. And I always like to overdue things, as you can see with how much product I was using.

The amount I used was a thin bead around the pad in a circle pattern, and by using any less I couldn't see how it would give me enough polish to work with.

Do you have a vid using the flex with FMP?

Here's what the polish looks like after I go over the panel once. I putting the same amount of product on the pad as Junkman does in his vids, and I did watch the tempo vids lastnight.Then from this point I have to scub at the paint to remove the polish.

P1020153.jpg

Yup, white pad/white polish.

I don't understand why the polish is basically turning to oil after the first pass, then I have to get a chizzle out to remove the polish.

I did watch Junkman's video on the tempo.

I have never struggled with polishing before, however, this is only my second time using Adam's machine polishes.

Really don't know where to go from here. Maybe I have a bad bottle of FMP?

1994 corvette black

Started with SHR/orange

57% humidity

- I had the same problem with my truck 2 months ago. I never have had luck with FMP.

It's not about luck, it is all about technique.

You are using the white pad with the FMP correct ?

Watch the Junkman's video on tempo, and get a nice looking hat :jester:

I'm only kidding about the hat part, tempo is extremely important. The hat and the singing are optional :2thumbs:

Alright really getting frustrated.

-Speed 5

-no pressure

= no results

= seems like product turns to oil imediatly

= harder then hell to remove

so for getting mad, lol...

Nobody said NO pressure, lighter pressure than a PC.

Lets start from the begining:

What are you polishing ?

What pad/product did you start with.

How humid is it ?

That might be it, I was applying pressure.

and of course everything look perfect until i did an IPA wipedown. The polishes hide ALOT of defect.

Also, is the FMP suppose to break down quick?

With a Flex set on 6 and some humidity it will dry out on you before it ever breaks down. A Flex on 6 generates a lot of heat. I never go above 5. And you should be moving the Flex faster than a PC. That along with a slower speed will let you work the polish longer to get rid of those swirls.

and of course everything look perfect until i did an IPA wipedown. The polishes hide ALOT of defect.

Ah. The pressure changes everything. Like Bill said, ease back and let the Flex work. Its NOT like the PC, pressure wise.

To remove any product haze, you should be able to just wipe it. Maybe a shot of DS? If not, an alcohol wipe will fix that issue.

As far as still having swirls, maybe try an area with SHR and then step back to the FMP? Did you perfect a 2x2 area first?

I did use the SHR before the FMP. and no i did not perfect a 2x2 area. lesson learned, lol..

Sounds to me like you are over working it. Drop the speed down to 5, prime the pad good with DS and use light light pressure. Let the Flex do the work.

To remove any product haze, you should be able to just wipe it. Maybe a shot of DS? If not, an alcohol wipe will fix that issue.

As far as still having swirls, maybe try an area with SHR and then step back to the FMP? Did you perfect a 2x2 area first?

Archived