Customer Service 866.965.0400

Kyle Gets his Vette!!! All Adamized now!!

kdii02

I think I need to take my FIXED car and an Adam's DVD vol 7 over to the dealer's detailer, and give him a lesson on taking pride in one's work.... :)

Thanks everyone for all the compliments, jokes to keep my spirits up and advice, I'm so happy to be a part of this forum and a customer of these products!!

I stopped over at the dealer this morning and my salesman was like "WOW the car looks great!!, how did you keep it that clean from when you picked it up on Thursday night?, It looks great like WE just got it out of detail for you" I just laughed and said "Um, NO It looks like KYLE spent 24 hrs correcting the paint damage from the little garage out back you call your detail shop!" He didn't really get my humor, and seemed confused.. Oh brother. I would buy another car from them definitely, but next time I will tell them I am taking it as is, not even a wash or vacumn Yikes!!!

photo12.jpg

I would have made them drop the price $500 for the work you have to do to fix that mess.

Good job! :cheers:

I think this photo should put me in the top running for "Worst Dealer infused Rotary Paint damage, the Adam's Forum members have seen in 2011" award!!!! :rockon:

Ok, so the car looked great for a week.. THEN everything fell apart.. I was on the highway last Thursday night and a dump truck about 3 car lengths up veered off the road and back and when he did he kicked up a bunch of debris and gravel , which of course found its way onto the front of my Vette.. Rock chips everywhere...

So now the car is going into the body shop Monday to have the Hood, Bumper, fenders, side mirrors refinished, Windshield replaced, Headlights replaced etc.. Estimate was over $4100 damage.. Mostly $$ in the headlights and Windshield. So I'll have a new front end of paint to work with and I suppose a fresh start. In a way its not a terrible thing since I wasn't thrilled with what the dealer did to my paint anyhow. It was good practice for me to fix their mistake on the old paint..I was able to correct their mistakes to about 90% satisfaction but now I guess I'll get to care for the paint properly from the start... I didn't take pics, I don't really enjoy looking at it..I'll post new ones when its back from the shop.. And I think I'll park it for a week or so until the "dark cloud" over the car vanishes!!! lol

Awwwwwwww, that sucks.

I would have gotten the number off the truck and made them pay for it. When I had my Monte I had a Landscaping Dump Truck in front of me and it was dropping gravel and one chunk actually went right through my side view mirror. I followed the truck to its lot after I called the number on the side of the truck and they paid for it. :2thumbs:

Maybe I was lucky?? :confused:

Is that conecelli auto complex i see off of ridge pike in conshohoken? at the toyota dealership?

One: the whole complex is an amazing purchasing experience, I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy a car within the brands they carry.

two: At the nissan dealership i saw what they did to a GTR, i told them not to touch my workvan (as i always tell the dealerships not to touch my new cars) I also saw what they did to a 370z and a used blue vette they had on the lot.:willy::willy:

Bummer about your vette, congrats on the purchase and the revive....its going to suck waiting the couple months for the paint to cure before you can hit it with the :pc: / americana

Ok, so the car looked great for a week.. THEN everything fell apart.. I was on the highway last Thursday night and a dump truck about 3 car lengths up veered off the road and back and when he did he kicked up a bunch of debris and gravel , which of course found its way onto the front of my Vette.. Rock chips everywhere...

So now the car is going into the body shop Monday to have the Hood, Bumper, fenders, side mirrors refinished, Windshield replaced, Headlights replaced etc.. Estimate was over $4100 damage.. Mostly $$ in the headlights and Windshield. So I'll have a new front end of paint to work with and I suppose a fresh start. In a way its not a terrible thing since I wasn't thrilled with what the dealer did to my paint anyhow. It was good practice for me to fix their mistake on the old paint..I was able to correct their mistakes to about 90% satisfaction but now I guess I'll get to care for the paint properly from the start... I didn't take pics, I don't really enjoy looking at it..I'll post new ones when its back from the shop.. And I think I'll park it for a week or so until the "dark cloud" over the car vanishes!!! lol

Looks like I missed reading this post.

Sorry to hear about the vette

Is that conecelli auto complex i see off of ridge pike in conshohoken? at the toyota dealership?

One: the whole complex is an amazing purchasing experience, I would recommend them to anyone looking to buy a car within the brands they carry.

two: At the nissan dealership i saw what they did to a GTR, i told them not to touch my workvan (as i always tell the dealerships not to touch my new cars) I also saw what they did to a 370z and a used blue vette they had on the lot.:willy::willy:

Bummer about your vette, congrats on the purchase and the revive....its going to suck waiting the couple months for the paint to cure before you can hit it with the :pc: / americana

Yea that's the place!! Great guys there, great buying experience! they just need a new detailer, but it's ok, nothing is better than what we can do with Adam's products on our cars. Now I'll have a new canvas to work on that's all..

Archived