Customer Service 866.965.0400

Isopropyl Alcohol?

valente

Question

How much of the ISPA and water do i need to wash my car.and do i need to add some car shampoo or just the ISPA and water,i want to get it ready for winter i know its only august but up here in MINNESOTA winter can hit you when you least expect it

12 answers to this question

How much of the ISPA and water do i need to wash my car.and do i need to add some car shampoo or just the ISPA and water,i want to get it ready for winter i know its only august but up here in MINNESOTA winter can hit you when you least expect it

Are you doing full paint correction or just a waxing?

Are you doing full paint correction or just a waxing?

the hole works without the claying.the car feels soft still,is the swirls that i dont like to see.im takeing my time this time.can i do 1/3 of the car one day then another the next and so on untill im done,or do i have to finish the hole car the same day.i want to do a good job,cause winters last up to 6 months here,and my garage is not heated :o

IMO it's better to do the whole car in one shot. Every time you stop and let the car sit or worse, drive, if it's your DD, you have to wipe down and clay the car again. You have to make sure the car is 100% contaminant free before polishing.

Also, when you say the car "feels smooth" was this with a baggie test? or bare hand?

Regardless I really wouldn't skip it. Even if you clayed the car 2 days ago and it's been sitting outside or driven you NEED to clay before taking a machine to it. Because you're going to be polishing any little thing on the surface can send you right back to square one. It's not a long process anyway, especially if the car is smooth to the touch, so you won't be saving anytime by skipping it.

Just my .02

the hole works without the claying.the car feels soft still,is the swirls that i dont like to see.im takeing my time this time.can i do 1/3 of the car one day then another the next and so on untill im done,or do i have to finish the hole car the same day.i want to do a good job,cause winters last up to 6 months here,and my garage is not heated :o

I always clay before I polish, no matter how smooth it feels. It doesnt take long and you can elave the clay residue behind and the PC will take care of it. I have worked on a panel of the car at a time before, so I would say work at whatever pace you are comfortable at and have FUN! work untill you are happy wiwth the results you see

Did you do the baggie test, to see if you need to clay or not?

Archived