Customer Service 866.965.0400

4" pads worth their weight in gold.

Captain Slow

Question

Today while getting the Sunday Chicago Tribune off the drive way I walked past my G8 & noticed what I thought was a long hair on my front quarter panel. NOPE! it was a 4" long scratch, and oh, look, another one. Schnikeys! Where the heck did they come from?

It came from here because old lazy bones prefers to pull up in the car and check the mail instead of getting some much needed exercise and walking:

fe9add64.jpg

Hard to believe daisy flower heads are that abrasive, but they are, especially now that they've dried up. The daisies have been trimmed back.

Of course the scratches were right on the bend of the wheel flare on the quarter panel, they couldn't be on the flat area to make it easier on me.

I broke out the Waterless Wash, DS, Clay bar, APW, the 4" pads, :pc:, and (sorry) Barry's combo. The scratches were deep enough to feel with my fingernail.

I had visions of wet sanding/repainting bills dancing in my head. :willy:

It took several passes with Barry's compound on the green pad followed by the orange pad to make them both all but disappear. I followed that up with Barry's polish on the white pad. Finally I applied two coats of APW, stood back and grinned.:drool::thumbsup:

:bow: Thank you Adam's you saved me the price of a wet sand at the least and a repainted front panel at the most. Like I said they're worth their weight in gold. Next time the SSR, SHR & FMP are on a daily special I'll take that savings and get 'em. Thank you again Adam's.

Sorry no pics, but the girls finally went down for their nap as I went out to the garage and I wasn't risking waking up the grumpy twins to get the camera.:D

10 answers to this question

I've been saying that since they came out... IMO, anyone that buys the PC or Flex, should have the 4 inch pads as well. They've saved my butt countless times.

Chris

:iagree:

They are my favorite "correction/fix" item from Adam's! :banana:

It's the name of the former owner of Meguires.

- Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Ah, cool.

I had a response deleted by a mod for merely mentioning that I had good results with another pad/polish combo (needed something more aggressive) without mentioning the names.

Now I'm especially careful not to mention another brand because I figure I'll just get deleted again. lol

Ah, cool.

I had a response deleted by a mod for merely mentioning that I had good results with another pad/polish combo (needed something more aggressive) without mentioning the names.

Now I'm especially careful not to mention another brand because I figure I'll just get deleted again. lol

Since he just stated that and didn't go into detail, we let it fly. I believe he's using up what he had.

Archived