Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car Questions

Learo2000GT

Question

I have been an Adams junkie for several years and love all the products. However I have always done the Adams process on cars at least a year old and would follow the complete detail process. I am not sure if I need to use the SHR or not on a new car?

Also what would everyone recommend for the best possible protection and shine. I have all of the Adams products on hand just not sure if the process on a new car would require fewer steps and looking for the best possible shine and protection. Any other tips for a new car would be great.

The new car is a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland and it is a very dark grey.

Thank you in advance.

Doug.

8 answers to this question

It is very possible that SHR is not necessary. It depends on the condition of the paint. There are times the dealer's prep really swirls out the paint. Other times they don't.

Try without first. Least aggressive method is the best place to begin. Start on the area that may need the most attention, tape off a 2 x 2 area and work it without the SHR.

If you like the results, you are good to go. In the event you are not happy, go back and start with SHR.

Thanks....

I am not sure where I should go after Clay bar and polish. Should I go Machine sealant, then the Americana, then Brilliant glaze. Not sure what would be the best order to put those in for shine and protection. Also how long do I have to wait in between the Sealant and Americana or Brilliant glaze?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Doug

After a clay, I'd use FMP and polish it up some. MSS, BG, Americana in that order!

Chris

Thanks Chewy. Should look bad ***. Do I have to wait any amount of time between the process or Can I just hammer it out? Thanks again Doug

MSS then wait at least 12 hours, buff with polishing towel, lay down BG, and remove and then follow up immediately with APW.

Perfect... thanks Chewy.... I got it claybared last night so I will get it to MSS tonight. One last question I promise. When you say wait 12 hours to buff. DO you mean remove the MSS after application, then re buff 12 hours later. Or do you mean leave the MSS on, dont touch it, and take off after 12 hours?

Thanks again... really helps me out. Thanks

Remove after approximately 30 minutes depending on temp and humidity. Honestly, you could forgo the 2nd buff and just lay BG on.

Remember VERY thin on the MSS or it'll be a royal PITB to get off.

Archived