Customer Service 866.965.0400

MetroVac Vac-n-Blo 500 & Blaster Sidekick

Z71_Denali

i received both of these guys last week for my birthday, and got to use them for the first time this past weekend...

To put it into one word... WOW!

The Vac-n-Blo 500

this little handheld makes my $400 Dyson look like a $20 dust buster! it is very portable, all the attachments come in handy for different areas of the interior, and it does not lose suction towards the end of the job (take that Dyson Cyclone Technology!) to test this theory of mine, i stuck the vacuum end of both on my cheeks to see which one hurt more :jester:

the only drawback i found with it, was it gets pretty hot after being on for a solid 10-15 minutes of working with it. and i wish it came with a little bit longer flexible hose. the handle on top comes in handy for both cases though!

The Blaster Sidekick

if you could imagine Hurricane Katrina in a bottle, this little bugger would be the equivalent! i only tried out the rubber nozzle end to dry my entire truck, but i can see the fan looking attachment coming in handy. it took me about the same time to dry my truck as it would with just a towel... main difference was the amount of water that my towel soaked up, allowing me to only have to use one towel instead of my usual two.

i found a couple of drawbacks with it. first, the power cord is really short. i understand it really helps when storing it, but its not that big of a deal. 2nd the handle is kinda funny to hold, not very ergonomic. and lastly, it really only works well on glass and waxed surfaces. the warm air drying my wheels caused water spots, because there was too much surface tension between the water and the wheel. this isn't really a flaw in the blaster, just a sign i need to wax my durn wheels!!!

Conclusion

all in all, if your on the fence about getting a handheld vac or dryer, i believe you truely do need both to accomplish both goals. my favorite part about them is how portable they are! and no more using up a bunch of drying towels, and no more driving to a coin op wash to use their dirty vacuums!

i am more than 110% satisfied with both products! :patriot:

They are great for the door jambs up around the hinges, too, and any other areas of the doors that are hard to reach. Sure drives the water out of the cracks and around the lights etc., plus will dry your wheel wells out quickly!

I think I'll be picking up the sidekick aswell to use for drying my car, seems like it would do a good enough job. Money is too tight to pick up the master blaster and i've read pretty good reviews on the sidekick such as yours.

Good reviews. So I have a couple questions.

I detail our three full size rigs on a regular basis. As in about two car washes per week. Would the sidekick get the job done for me??? Or is it too small??

I use the side kick for my SS. Matter of fact I dried my friends suv....he thought it was wasteful. I opened up his garage and blew out the dirt and stuff in like two minutes. He quickly realized the power of the small side kick and quit making fun of me. So yes......more than enough for u.

I don't have a cool cell signature.....I just use tapatalk

Good reviews. So I have a couple questions.

I detail our three full size rigs on a regular basis. As in about two car washes per week. Would the sidekick get the job done for me??? Or is it too small??

definitely, just don't dry all of them at the same time. let it cool down in the shade or inside your home when you go to wash the next vehicle. it will increase the life of the motor.

Archived