Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gift for My Son Damien - Home from 4th then Off to 5th Tour of Duty

smokemeister25

Question

hi guys...

i'd like your advice on a little tiny kit for a gift for my son. about 5 months ago my son came home slightly wounded from his 4th tour of duty in you know where... :( as a gift to himself he bought a new camaro SS the day he arrived home. it was something he had saved for and wanted for a long time. he keeps it clean as a whistle but i'm sure he doesn't do it right or even for that fact know how. i know for a fact that he uses a lot of spray detailer instead of washing. i would like to ask ashley to send him a little tiny kit of the most important things and hope he will use them instead of just spray detailing with turtle wax ice and a bath towel or maybe he gets polish rags from walmart... you get the idea.

so could you give me your opinions on a small inexpensive kit of things for him to try. hopefully he'll actually give them a try and not just leave them on the shelf. i was thinking spray detailer, a couple of the nice microfiber towels, some waterless stuff maybe and waffle towels.... i think they have some sample sizes maybe. if he uses them and likes them i'm more than happy to buy him whatever he wanted but to just leave em sit on the shelf would be a bummer. not sure he really knows how to do what you guys are into.... do you think some sample sizes and a few towels for around 50 bucks or less is possible?

until lately he wasn't even able to use his arm well enough to really do much polishing but he's gone through a lot of physical therapy and is strong enough now. for what it's worth he's gonna get deployed on his 6th time and go back this march.... and yes, i worry a lot.

thanks for suggestions. i wish i could buy him everything but lets give him 3 or so things to get him started.

• Answers 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Sarah@Adams
Lynn I would love to be there when he gets the package from some of us from the forum, PRICELESS.

Me too Mark, that would be so cool! Then help him detail the Camaro! :pc:

Guest Sarah@Adams

I am still playing phone tag wtih a few forum members so there is still time early next week to get in on this.

My direct line is 858-605-0296 for those who want to jump in on this.

Guest Sarah@Adams
:party: We are only $60 away from the BIG Adam's Ultimate Kit! I am going to hold out a little longer as Damien won't get the kit until next month so we still have time!

Guest Sarah@Adams
Lynn, I am in for $30 so, PM me with details on how I can contribute.

I'll get that last $30, let me know how to pay you Lynn.

Late to the party, but I would like to contribute as well.

WOW! Just give me a call at 858-605-0296 and we will wrap this up!

Damien is going to be blown away and have the best looking Camaro around!

I need to place my first Adams order... but Damien deserves it so much more than me. I'll give you a call in a few minutes Lynn.

Les, please pass my (our) thanks on to Damien for his service and sacrifices! I sincerely hope he enjoys his Camaro and the Adams loot while he is not on tour! God bless!:bow:

dana... what do you say to someone who says that he wants to make his first purchase for himself, but wants to give a total stranger a gift first???

you and all the other folks have shown a generosity towards my son along with a thanks for his service that is very touching and inspirational. i wish we could get this little story to the press to prove how a lot of folks in this country feel toward their military family who protects them. i have had a couple of people in the past say to me ''how do you think the military protects us? all they do is what the political leaders tell them to do to protect american business interests....'' well, i'll tell ya what. you take away our military and see how long it is till we turn into libya or one of the other countries that are being overrun. we have our problems here but they could be a LOT worse if it weren't for a lot of men and women who ''have our backs...''

if we had more people around like some of you on this forum it would be very interesting to me to imagine how we could get things done? you guys are amazing.... that's all i can say. you're just amazing.

thanks you from the bottom of my heart. i can't wait till he comes home and i get to say ''oh, by the way... the folks on the adams forum and and the company itself wanted to give you a little something as an expression of their appreciation for what you do.... let me go get the box for you...'' and then i wheel the boxes in on a hand cart / dolly and say ''here, you need a hand opening stuff? .......'' :D i'll get pictures... anybody live near pgh pa?

:patriot:

I had NO idea that this was going to take off like this when I first offered up a simple 16oz bottle (although knowing the folks at Adam's, it doesn't surprise me now that I think about it).

Seems like the Ultimate Kit is in the bag, and I don't want to double up on anything, so just let me know what 16oz it is that you would prefer. DS, APC, and Undercarriage Spray all go pretty quick, so you can never have enough of that.

:patriot: