Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gift for My Son Damien - Home from 4th then Off to 5th Tour of Duty

smokemeister25

Question

hi guys...

i'd like your advice on a little tiny kit for a gift for my son. about 5 months ago my son came home slightly wounded from his 4th tour of duty in you know where... :( as a gift to himself he bought a new camaro SS the day he arrived home. it was something he had saved for and wanted for a long time. he keeps it clean as a whistle but i'm sure he doesn't do it right or even for that fact know how. i know for a fact that he uses a lot of spray detailer instead of washing. i would like to ask ashley to send him a little tiny kit of the most important things and hope he will use them instead of just spray detailing with turtle wax ice and a bath towel or maybe he gets polish rags from walmart... you get the idea.

so could you give me your opinions on a small inexpensive kit of things for him to try. hopefully he'll actually give them a try and not just leave them on the shelf. i was thinking spray detailer, a couple of the nice microfiber towels, some waterless stuff maybe and waffle towels.... i think they have some sample sizes maybe. if he uses them and likes them i'm more than happy to buy him whatever he wanted but to just leave em sit on the shelf would be a bummer. not sure he really knows how to do what you guys are into.... do you think some sample sizes and a few towels for around 50 bucks or less is possible?

until lately he wasn't even able to use his arm well enough to really do much polishing but he's gone through a lot of physical therapy and is strong enough now. for what it's worth he's gonna get deployed on his 6th time and go back this march.... and yes, i worry a lot.

thanks for suggestions. i wish i could buy him everything but lets give him 3 or so things to get him started.

• Answers 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

201 answers to this question

the way this is going i'm thinkin it's a good thing that the back seat goes down in the new camaros and you have lots of space to haul stuff.

otherwise how's he gonna get the shop vac and car dryer and all the other stuff in that's still gonna come??? :lol:

is there much more in the adams catalog to get? i'm jealous....

i guess for Christmas i'm gonna have to buy him a shelf system for his garage to put everything on... either that or he'll keep it all in his bedroom

the way this is going i'm thinkin it's a good thing that the back seat goes down in the new camaros and you have lots of space to haul stuff.

otherwise how's he gonna get the shop vac and car dryer and all the other stuff in that's still gonna come??? :lol:

is there much more in the adams catalog to get? i'm jealous....

i guess for Christmas i'm gonna have to buy him a shelf system for his garage to put everything on... either that or he'll keep it all in his bedroom

Just tell him you'll keep at it all at your place Les. Periodically test some products, he'll never notice. That is until he looks at your vehicle, bwahaha.

Guest Sarah@Adams

I can't wait to show you all everything Damien is getting! :patriot:

Let's try to wrap this up by tomorrow morning and get Damien's order put together. If there are any more members that would like to donate please give me a call at 858-605-0296.

I think you need to try all the stuff out on your rides, Les, at least before they get shipped back east. Save the little red tops for the bottles (they are under the screwon caps).

Great job coordinating this, Lynn! And Les, please take photos and videos when he gets this stuff, ok?

lynn is a piece of work... talk about going above and beyond. i know for a fact she has put a lot of work in on this balancing out donations with the right products and everything.

thank you lynn for your effort and second and third effort... you have a big fan named les here in pgh pa....:bravo:

i owe you and when you need it i'll be here for you. just ask....

Guest Sarah@Adams
can we get pics from the Adam's warehouse of the ultimate kit being boxed for Damien? Perhaps a pic of Adam himself boxing the kit! It can all be presented to him - shows him all the people that were involved in making this happen :)

I am getting the order together and will see what we can do about some photos!

WOW! This kit is HUGE! With the money Adam's has matched we now have $1450 to spend! :D

:grouphug: Good job Adam's Forum Members, Damien will be overwhelmed I am sure!! :cheers:

Am i allowed to ask him if i can borrow anything while he's home or do i have to join the marines or something first? I think i do enough worrying to warrant being allowed to borrow a couple sprays of his wheel cleaner since he's gonna use my water and electric while he's home. After he works on his car he probably won't want to drive it around and get it dirty and i'll have to loan him a car, so he can at least try his new vacume cleaner out by doin my car.. :)

Am i allowed to ask him if i can borrow anything while he's home or do i have to join the marines or something first? I think i do enough worrying to warrant being allowed to borrow a couple sprays of his wheel cleaner since he's gonna use my water and electric while he's home. After he works on his car he probably won't want to drive it around and get it dirty and i'll have to loan him a car, so he can at least try his new vacume cleaner out by doin my car.. :)

:lolsmack:I think its ok :lolsmack:

Guest Sarah@Adams

Damien... We hope you will accept this small token of our appreciation for your heroic efforts in supporting this great country! May God bless you and keep you safe.

:patriot:From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for your service,

Adam, The Adam's Team and Adam's Forum Members

Here is Damien's :welcomebanner: HOME Care Package!

Adam's Ultimate Porter Cable 7424XP Detail Kit

611.jpg

Adam's Grit Guard Car Wash Bucket & Caddy

57.jpg

Adam's Double Car Wash Bucket Caddy Adapter

596.jpg

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo Refill-1 Gallon

33.jpg

Adam's Perfect Glass Cleaning Collection

431.jpg

Adam's Microfiber Detailing Towel Bundle

625.jpg

Adam's Pro Detailers Cart

605.jpg

Adam's Americana Detailer's Bag

446.jpg

Adam's Premium Bamboo Cotton T-Shirt

629.jpg

Thank you to all who helped to make this happen! :cheers:Thank you also to those who are sending items directly to Les for Damien.

I am so glad I donated that $1K, dang,what did everyone else give?:lol::lol:

J/K

All I can say is

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

The more you think about what just happened, the more it astounds and amazes you. It's a small car detailing forum, where most people don't even know one another, but for some reason I have a renewed faith in my fellow man.

PGH Les, it's all because you asked for some help getting your son a "little tiny gift" to help him keep his car in nice condition.

It's a small offering for a wounded young airman after his 4th tour.

And Les in Cape Cod, you started this ball rolling with your suggestion, which was right on the money. And then it just kind of snowballed. ;)

Edited by Doug123

And Les in Cape Cod, you started this ball rolling with your suggestion, which was right on the money. And then it just kind of snowballed. ;)

I'm not Les ;) but I'm really glad this did snowball the way it did and went further than my suggestion. Damien sounds like a very deserving recipient. :patriot: